IT Operations Manager
£70,000 | Brighton | Permanent
Posted 7 days ago
IT Operations Manager
£60,000 - £70,000 Base + benefits
A new and exciting opportunity has risen for an experienced IT Operations Manager to take our client on their continuous journey of improving their IT and the way its delivered through excellent service.
The company in question are undergoing a major transition from an outsource model to insource and need your expertise to get them on the straight and narrow.
The purpose of this role is to provide management, co-ordination and maintenance of operating, cloud and infrastructure environments used to deliver Group Finance Systems to its customer base. To Ensure IT Service levels are maintained in-line with the IT Service Portfolio eg availability, capacity management, to meet current and future business needs, continuity/recovery of services.
Service Management of the Production, Pre-production and Dev/Test environments. Ensure appropriate controls, versioning and alignment of environments. Providing routine, planned and co-ordinated maintenance of operating environments by working with internal, inter-group and 3rd parties as needed. Working with the Service Resolution Manager and Service Delivery Manager to ensure Service levels are being met and agree suitable actions plans to remediate underperformance
Ensuring Production, Pre-production and Dev/Test environments have sufficient capacity to meet current and future business needs and they are routinely maintained / upgraded as needed. Take the lead on restoration of infrastructure and operating environments, co-ordinating with all teams to re-establish systems and services in-line with agreed SLAs. Ensuring adequate plans for Service Continuity and Recovery are in place and that they are routinely tested. Establish effective monitoring and reporting solutions to enable pro-active and reactive responses to operational and infrastructure events.
If you possess the following experience in your history we'd love to hear from you!
* Maintaining and managing complex IT Infrastructures via Hosted, Co-Lo and Cloud implementations in banking or finance environment
* Experience of working in Finance or regulated environment
* Capacity and performance management
* Setting up and managing IT Change Control and Governance
* Setting up and managing application/event monitoring tools such as Dynatrace
* Disaster recovery
* Developing and leading a multi skilled technical team in a customer focused financial services environment
* Strong understanding of security and technical architecture principles
* Experience in a ITIL based service management environment and developing and embedding best practice processes and IT controls
* Managing 3rd party service providers
* Planning and responding to audits
If you're looking for one of the top employers in the financial Services industry and you've been lookijg for that perfect permanent move then apply now!
InterQuest Group is acting as an employment agency for this vacancy. InterQuest Group is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of age, disability, gender, religion/belief, race, marriage, civil partnership, pregnancy, maternity, sex or sexual orientation. Please make us aware if you require any reasonable adjustments throughout the recruitment process.