IT Infrastructure Service Manager
£60,000 | York | Permanent
Posted 4 days ago
IQ Tech are currently hiring for an experienced IT Infrastructure Service Manager to join our client, based in York, North Yorkshire.
You will be part of the Service Management and Change Team and reporting directly to your IT Service Management & Change Team Leader.
The main part of this role will be to proactively ensure that IT service excellence is delivered. You will be expected to support and be involved with the aspects of the ITIL processes and other Problem Management processes and DR. Identifying, highlighting and managing any risk which could impact operational service will be a key element of the role.
Some other r esponsibilites :
* Contribute towards ensuring Operational Service across IT is maintained at a Good or Excellent rating.
* Coordinate the restoration of critical services as quickly as possible with minimal business disruption while maintaining open channels of communication.
* Be an active member of CAB.
* Provide regular management reporting and service metrics on Incident and Problem activities.
* Responsible for ensuring robust standards are in place to maintain and manage the integrity of incident and problem processes.
* Help and support the design, development and implementation of automated processes for gathering, populating and maintaining the incident and problem processes.
* Think creatively and maintain the communication of documentation and operational procedures.
* Be pro-active and provide recommendations for incident and problem process improvement including the creation and development of a process roadmap.
* Upstream/Downstream analysis review with infrastructure and application analysts.
* Ensure DR and BCP processes for critical services are documented and tested as part of the annual IT DR Project.
* Maintain the Infrastructure Risks and Issues register and ensure critical and high items are prioritised in the Product Backlog.
* Involvement with ad-hoc confidential and sensitive tasks.
* Experience working as an IT Service Manager or equivalent role.
* ITIL v3 or v4 accredited with practical experience of working with the ITIL service lifecycle framework.
* Have strong problem-solving abilities and capability of managing work in a time-pressured environment.
* Good experience in risk management and mitigation activities.
* Work in a fast moving environment with rapidly evolving targets and to prioritise work effectively.
* Self-motivated, confident and decisive with a "can do" attitude to meeting business needs.
* Solid influencing and communication skills and the ability to manage suppliers/stakeholders effectively.
* A good team player, working with IT and business professionals in an effective manner.
* ITSM tool such as Service Now, Alemba, Remedy, or Chelwell experience.
* Financial services sector experience.
* Knowledge of DR and BCP procedures.
* Have worked with Agile methodology.
* CASM or VeriSM frameworks.
* Understanding of developments within ITSM space.
If you are interested in this role and you'd like further information please apply via the advert for consideration.
InterQuest Group is acting as an employment agency for this vacancy. InterQuest Group is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of age, disability, gender, religion/belief, race, marriage, civil partnership, pregnancy, maternity, sex or sexual orientation. Please make us aware if you require any reasonable adjustments throughout the recruitment process.