Investment Oversight Analyst
Competitive | Dublin | Contract
IQ Talent Solutions
Posted 15 days ago
Keywords: Oversight Analyst, Compliance, Surveillance, Investment Management
Investment Oversight Analyst
My client is a leading Investment Management business looking to hire an Investment Oversight Analyst to monitor, advise and report to management any issues arising from monitoring and surveillance of investment activity at Insight affiliates acting as investment manager.
The Investment Oversight Analyst will be expected to:
* Conducting analysis of surveillance alerts through systems and bespoke testing in relation to unusual trading patterns.
* Identifying and escalating any potential concerns or risks relating to, but not limited to regulatory rules such as market abuse regulation, and Insight policies.
* Performing surveillance testing over assigned areas and trading desks for best execution related matters.
* Active involvement in enhancing current surveillance controls and developing new surveillance algos, reports and procedures.
* Providing oversight and acting as a liaison point for a number of offshored activities within the surveillance programme.
* Spending time with areas of the business (e.g. relevant trading desks) in order to maintain close awareness of processes and risks.
* Acting as a contact point for market abuse surveillance queries including relationship management of vendor.
* Production of regular management information to Insight committees on the status of the surveillance plans for assigned areas including acting as a subject matter expert for wider team requirements.
* Constantly consider and, where possible, provide innovative ideas on how to improve the programme.
* Where required, provide cover and/or participate in certain cross boutique or cross firm or audit interactions.
* Participation in team wide initiatives.
The successful Investment Oversight Analyst will possess:
* Experience within a compliance/trading/risk/compliance role within an asset management or sell-side company would be preferable although not essential.
* Able to adapt quickly to core compliance and trading systems and proactively identify and propose solutions to issues arising.
* Good analytical skills, capable of thinking logically, using initiative and systematically able to resolve problems.
* A strong team player with eagerness to support both team and business colleagues.
* Strong verbal and written communication skills, be able to network effectively, and develop trusted relationships firm wide.
* Able to provide challenge to both existing processes and controls across the business and be proactive, self-supportive and motivated in the promotion of a positive compliance and risk culture within the firm.
* Ability to summarise and present issues at a high level for business management considerations.
* Able to maintain an awareness of emerging regulatory risks.
* Deals confidently with conflict, able to maintain a strong professional relationship whilst maintaining independence.
* Have working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Power Point and Excel
Please get in touch for more details.
InterQuest Group is acting as an employment agency for this vacancy. InterQuest Group is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of age, disability, gender, religion/belief, race, marriage, civil partnership, pregnancy, maternity, sex or sexual orientation. Please make us aware if you require any reasonable adjustments throughout the recruitment process.