Interim Manager - Interim Operational IT Manager
£700 per day | London | Contract
Posted 16 days ago
Interim Manager / Interim Operational IT Manager (Interim Head of Workplace Services)
We currently have a contract opportunity for an Interim Manager / Interim Operational IT Manager (Interim Head of Workplace Services) to work with one of our London Borough local government clients, committed to using the best of modern technology to power the delivery of high performing, user focused services for the Local government's residents and businesses. The Customer & Workplace division brings together some of the Local government's highest profile resident facing services alongside many of the services that are most critical to their colleagues' ability to work productively.
The Interim Head of Workplace Services will report into the Strategic Director and work closely with other senior managers in the ICT senior leadership team to lead the Local government's ICT service.
A successful candidate will have significant experience of leading technology and support services, likely to be at senior manager (potentially up to CIO) level in a medium sized organisation of a similar scale to the Local government (c 4,500 supported users). They will be confident working in a complex environment and managing large teams with significant budget responsibility (c £3M - £5M +). The postholder will play a key role in the ICT leadership team. They will ensure collaborative ways of working across the ICT teams, leading by example and developing workplans based on multi-disciplinary working. The postholder will need excellent leadership and relationship management skills. They will be confident working with and influencing colleagues at all levels (including board level) across the Local government's directorates, including helping to introduce new, collaborative, and efficient way of working, enabled by effective use of modern workplace technology.
This role will be offered on a 12 month contract with an Inside IR35 rate of £600 to £700.
The ICT senior leadership team is made up of:
* Head of Workplace Services (this role): senior leader responsible for the service teams whose work ensures that colleagues across the Local government are able to be productive from their first day onwards.
* Head of Technology: senior technology lead with responsibility for the Local government's cloud and API platforms, and cyber security.
* Head of Customer Services, Digital & Data: senior leadership for the Local government's customer services delivery, online services, modern digital products and data analytics.
* Head of Digital (Social Care): senior leadership of the Local government's strategic support for social care, with work in progress to lead development of the Local government-wide transformation programme.
The specific responsibilities for the Head of Workplace Services are:
* The 'colleague experience' teams who provide end-user support, manage end-user devices, office internet connectivity and wifi, and the corporate business support and print services.
* Overall leadership for contracts, procurement and supplier management across the ICT service.
* The teams who support the legacy business applications that the Local government continues to operate following the cyber recovery (ie. the systems which have not migrated to modern, cloud services, including: Mosaic for social care, e5 for finance, iTrent for HR, and Academy for Revenues & Benefits) and technical integration support for those systems.
* Line management of the Local government's Data Protection Officer and strategic leadership of information governance and records management.
The Local government has set an ambitious mission of replacing legacy local government technology with the best modern, cloud based services available. Our vision is that colleagues can work securely and productively from any device, any time, anywhere. As part of this we have introduced Google Workspace productivity tools, the Vonage telephony platform, modern mobile devices, and have replaced the majority of our Windows PCs with Chrome OS devices.
InterQuest Group is acting as an employment agency for this vacancy. InterQuest Group is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of age, disability, gender, religion/belief, race, marriage, civil partnership, pregnancy, maternity, sex or sexual orientation. Please make us aware if you require any reasonable adjustments throughout the recruitment process.