Infrastructure Engineer (part-remote)
£45,000 | High Wycombe | Permanent
Posted 23 days ago
This is a business who puts technology at the heart of everything they do, including sourcing consumer banking data and providing insights back to the people about how to use their data and money more effectively. This is a new role within the IT department with the aim of improving the quality of service being delivered to the infrastructure. The vision is clear - mature the delivery process, improve the preventative maintenance measures and increase the overall capability of the team.
You'll be joining a team that is enjoying heavy investment into the infrastructure and who have a number of exciting projects coming up over the next 18 months.
The investment doesn't stop at infrastructure - the business have upgraded the offices to make employees feel as safe as possible by installing thermal cameras and creating a safe space to work. Your time will be split between remote and office based working.
Duties include but are not limited to:
* Diagnose, investigate and resolve incidents and problems
* Assist in user management requests (including Active Directory and Group Policy)
* Effective ticket management and work logging
* PC and Server maintenance, including patching and imaging duties
* Proactive monitoring and maintenance of our networking systems
* Managing IT Assets, ensuring records are up to date
* Collaborate and liaise with external support functions as required
* Following policies and procedures in accordance with guidelines and workflows
* Ensuring best practice security and hardening measures are in place
* Act as a 2/3rd line point of escalation, ensuring support documents are created and knob5wledge is shared to the team
* Managing change and project work effectively, using good communication and working to deadlines
* Assist in the training and professional development of the technical support staff
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
* Strong technical experience of Microsoft technologies and network operations will be essential, as is effective diagnostic, fault finding and monitoring skills.
* Practical knowledge of TCP/IP networking, firewall and VPN administration
* Good knowledge of virtualisation technologies
* Administering an Office365 or Exchange email system
* Experience of managing SAN/NAS storage systems
* High attention to detail and ability to create and maintain knowledge documents, procedures and diagrams
* Strong communication and customer service skills
* A proactive attitude to learning and developing own skills and knowledge
* Good knowledge of security best practices, including PCI DSS and ISO270001.
First stage interviews to be conducted week commencing 27th July unless your availability is immediate, in which case interviews will be conducted week commencing 20th July.
InterQuest Group is acting as an employment agency for this vacancy. InterQuest Group is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of age, disability, gender, religion/belief, race, marriage, civil partnership, pregnancy, maternity, sex or sexual orientation. Please make us aware if you require any reasonable adjustments throughout the recruitment process.