£42,000 | London | Permanent
IQ Talent Solutions
Posted 18 days ago
Junior Trading Infrastructure Support | Permanent | London and WFH | Financial Services
My Client, a leading investment management firm are seeking a new addition to join their highly talented team of support engineers, who are responsible for ensuring high availability of the firms mission critical services such Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Build & Deploy, Research and Trading. The new addition to the team will be responsible for providing Level 1 and Level 2 support across all services globally distributed across APAC, EMEA and AMER regions.
The ideal candidate will have the following skills and experience to qualify for this position, however, there will be immediate training and development given over the first 12 months of this role to ensure you are getting the support you need to be a success, and help set you in the direction towards your next career goal.
* Commercial work experience having previously worked in a Technical Support role
* Experience in Linux/Unix administration (RHEL/CentOS/OEL preferred)
* Linux - Understanding of Orgs and Complex Grabs
* FIX Protocol - how to read logs and what tags mean
* SQL - basic queries, joins and calcs
* Proficiency in Python, or Bash / Perl scripting
* Ability to navigate network equipment command line
* Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related subject.
- Good working knowledge of storage and different storage protocols
- Experience with Infrastructure automation (Chef, Puppet or Ansible)
- Experience with Kafka or like messaging buses
- Experience with CICD tooling
- Experience with Monitoring infrastructure (ELK and Prometheus preferred)
- Database administration experience (MySql or PosgreSql preferred)
- Experience in container software administration (Docker, Podman, Kubernetes, GKE or Helm preferred)
- Working knowledge with TCP/IP, multicast, tcpdump, clocking (PTP, NTP)
Please don't hesitate to get in touch if this is a match to your career aspirations and you would like to find out more. We are eager to hear from you.
Send a CV across to firstname.lastname@example.org please include a best time to call and a contact number.
InterQuest Group is acting as an employment agency for this vacancy. InterQuest Group is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of age, disability, gender, religion/belief, race, marriage, civil partnership, pregnancy, maternity, sex or sexual orientation. Please make us aware if you require any reasonable adjustments throughout the recruitment process.