£45,000 | London | Permanent
Posted 21 days ago
My client are a boutique style retail and hospitality client based in South Kensington and they are seeking an Infrastructure Engineer to provide high end 3 rd line technical support and expertise across a number of sites and locations in the UK. In this way we are seeking a Senior IT Engineer from a retail and/or hospitality background looking for a new challenge. The role of the Senior IT Engineer will be incredibly varied and a mixture of support/infrastructure and BAU/project work including doing server builds and supporting virtualisation. You will be involved in all elements of installing, supporting and maintaining the infrastructure and systems across the organisation as well as expected to be involved in and manage internal projects. You will also be an active member of the service desk with a focus on providing proactive first-class service to your colleagues, both remotely and on site as and when required but this wold only be in a stand in scenario - really this will be the last point of contact in the service process.
Key responsibilities of the Senior IT Engineer will include:
Being an escalation point for the service desk Monitoring server and network performance.
Ensuring maximum availability of Servers and services and quickly react to issues
Carrying out visits to any of the company's stores or offices to install and maintain IT equipment
Planning and managing the installation of data and audio/visual infrastructure projects Recommending, developing and deploying systems and automation that will benefit the business
* Experience Required: A minimum of 5 years' experience providing exceptional IT support Extensive Windows Server experience - Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2 / 2012 R2 / 2019.
* Virtualisation experience - VMware 6.x
* Networking - LAN/WAN, DHCP, DNS, DFS
* Cisco Catalyst & Meraki Switches and Firewalls
* Excellent knowledge of Wi-Fi (preferably Aruba)
* Active Directory and Group Policy
* Microsoft Office 365
* SNMP monitoring
* EPOS systems
* Windows 10
* Sage 50 / 200 & Concur
* Ecommerce Platforms such as Shopify, WooCommerce, WordPress
* Scripting knowledge - Powershell
* SAN storage / backup solution experience
* Sharepoint / Teams / SQL experience
* Gym/Spa/Hotel Management Systems
InterQuest Group is acting as an employment agency for this vacancy. InterQuest Group is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of age, disability, gender, religion/belief, race, marriage, civil partnership, pregnancy, maternity, sex or sexual orientation. Please make us aware if you require any reasonable adjustments throughout the recruitment process.