Infrastructure and Automation Engineer
£45,000 | High Wycombe | Permanent
Posted 24 days ago
A new role in the department to improve the quality of service we deliver with our infrastructure and to begin
the process of automating cloud provisioning and configuration management of our systems using a variety of tools. The role will report
directly to the Senior Technician and suit a candidate with a strong infrastructure support background but possess a mindset that scripted
is best, most likely with demonstrable experience in PowerShell or Python.
Duties include but are not limited to:
· investigate and resolve incidents and problems, Diagnose
· Assist in automating user management requests (including Active Directory and Group Policy)
· Provide effective communication using company tools
· Ensuring best practice security and hardening measures are in place
· Act as a 2/3rd line point of escalation, ensuring support document is created and knowledge is shared to the team
· using good communication and working to deadlines and managing change and project work effectively
· Effective ticket management and work logging
· Server maintenance, including patching and imaging
· Proactive monitoring and maintenance of our networking systems
· Ensuring records are up to date and manging IT assests
· Following policies and procedures in accordance with guidelines and workflows
· Assist in the training and professional development of other technical support staff
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
· Strong technical experience of Microsoft technologies and network operations will be essential, as is effective diagnostic, fault
finding and monitoring skills.
· Practical knowledge of PowerShell, Python or Ansible Playbooks.
· Good knowledge of virtualisation technologies (ideally Hyper V)
· Practical knowledge of TCP/IP networking, firewall and VPN administration
· Experience of managing SAN/NAS storage systems
· Administering an Office365 or Exchange email system
· High attention to detail and ability to create and maintain knowledge documents, procedures and diagrams
· Strong communication and customer service skills
· Good knowledge of security best practices, including PCI DSS and ISO270001.
· A proactive attitude to learning and developing own skills and knowledge
InterQuest Group is acting as an employment agency for this vacancy. InterQuest Group is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of age, disability, gender, religion/belief, race, marriage, civil partnership, pregnancy, maternity, sex or sexual orientation. Please make us aware if you require any reasonable adjustments throughout the recruitment process.