Information Security Specialist (Penetration Tester)
£52,000 | Manchester | Permanent
Posted 25 days ago
Manchester or Stoke
We are looking for a Pen Tester to focus on the technical side of IT Security, specifically looking at application security and code analysis to ensure applications are built securely.
You will be mainly working with the software development teams, to confirm that application based vulnerabilities are understood and mitigated. This is done from a security assessment point of view rather than 'code QA', therefore code reading skills will be required.
What you'll be doing:
* Ensuring Information Security aspects are considered up front and throughout project lifecycles.
* Taking responsibility for the security of the tested product within the project context.
* Conducting manual and automated source code review.
* Contributing to and utilising existing security testing methodologies
* Completing security vulnerability analysis/assessment and taking an active role in external audits as as required.
* Liaising with Software Development teams to ensure that security is considered throughout the entire project lifecycle.
* Identifying any security flaws within the business software and manage through appropriately, liaising with external bodies as necessary.
* Identifying and developing new tools that could be beneficial in the security testing process.
* Broad understanding of technology functions in relation to Information Security.
* Experience using methodologies for conducting and reporting on Web Application Penetration Testing.
* Understanding and proven experience of automated, dynamic and static application security testing tools, as well as manual security testing to find vulnerabilities
* Examination of packets using Wireshark and other related tools.
* Understanding of industry standard Information Security practices.
* Strong communication skills and personable.
* High attention to detail.
* Excellent documentation skills.
* Bonus Schemes
* Life Assurance
* Income Protection
* Competitive Company Pension
* Eye Care
* Long Service Awards
* Life Event Gifts
If you have a passion for pushing technological boundaries and breaking new ground in software innovation, we would love to hear from you!
Shortlisting now, apply ASAP to avoid disappointment.
InterQuest Group is acting as an employment agency for this vacancy. InterQuest Group is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of age, disability, gender, religion/belief, race, marriage, civil partnership, pregnancy, maternity, sex or sexual orientation. Please make us aware if you require any reasonable adjustments throughout the recruitment process.