Indirect Tax Analyst
Competitive | Northampton | Permanent
IQ Talent Solutions
Posted +1 month ago
Tax Analyst - Indirect Tax
Northampton - work from home options available
IQ Talent Solutions are delighted to be working with one of our most valued clients who are a technology industry leader in their field, in the recruitment of a Tax Analyst on a permanent basis.
The office location for this role is Northampton however work from home options are available for part of the working week.
Purpose of the Role
Supporting the Indirect Tax Manager in preparation, analysis and submission of VAT, Intrastat and ESL returns for the VAT registrations within the Europe, Middle east and Africa (EMEA) region
Duties & Responsibilities
- Responsible for the preparation and submission of VAT, Intrastat, and EC Sales listings for a number of European subsidiaries.
- Liaising with the Indirect tax manager regarding VAT queries
- Preparation of monthly VAT control account reconciliations and monthly VAT journal entries
- Resolution of management review questions raised on returns and reconciliations.
- Maintenance of VAT rates within IT systems
- Ownership, management and implementation of the supporting administrative tasks that the role involves.
- Other ad hoc responsibilities
Skills & Experience
- Candidates will ideally have previous experience of Indirect Tax or working with Tax in a similar role, with a basic understanding of VAT and VAT regulations
- You will ideally be highly IT literate including advanced Excel.
- Experience of VAT accounting in Oracle or similar financial system would be highly desirable
- Candidates will have strong analytical skills and great attention to detail and accuracy with a focus on deadline delivery.
- Candidates who are either a Qualified or Part Qualified Accountant (possibly still studying), will be desirable, however graduate candidates educated to degree level or equivalent will also be considered.
InterQuest Group is acting as an employment agency for this vacancy. InterQuest Group is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of age, disability, gender, religion/belief, race, marriage, civil partnership, pregnancy, maternity, sex or sexual orientation. Please make us aware if you require any reasonable adjustments throughout the recruitment process.