Indirect Tax Analyst
£34,000 | Northampton | Contract
Posted 2 days ago
Indirect Tax Analyst
1 Year FTC
Supporting the Indirect Tax Manager in preparation, analysis and submission of VAT, Intrastat and ESL returns for the VAT registrations within the Europe, Middle East and Africa (EMEA) region. Maintaining a good working knowledge of indirect tax legislation and procedures and assist with providing advice to the businesses on EU-wide indirect tax matters
- Responsible for the preparation and submission of VAT, Intrastat and EC Sales listings for a number of European subsidiaries.
- Liaising with Ricoh Europe Indirect tax manager regarding VAT queries
- Preparation of monthly VAT control account reconciliations and monthly VAT journal entries
- Ownership, management and implementation of the supporting administrative tasks that the role involves
- Resolution of management review questions raised on returns and reconciliations
- Maintenance of VAT rates within IT systems
- Other ad hoc responsibilities
Skills and Experience:
- Qualified or Part Qualified Accountant (possibly still studying), educated to degree level or equivalent
- Highly IT literate including advanced Excel
- Experience of VAT accounting in Oracle or similar financial system
- Strong analytical skills
- Great attention to detail and accuracy with a focus on deadline delivery
- Basic understanding of VAT and VAT regulations
- Accurate and able to meet tight deadlines.
- An ability to take ownership and responsibility for assigned tasks with minimal supervision;
- A proactive individual who strives to deliver high quality results and who is continuously looking for new and innovative solutions to issues e.g. to develop and improve systems and processes;
- Ideally with experience in preparation and submission of VAT, intrastat and EC Sales listings for European subsidiaries.
- Suitable relevant management accounting experience
InterQuest Group is acting as an employment agency for this vacancy. InterQuest Group is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of age, disability, gender, religion/belief, race, marriage, civil partnership, pregnancy, maternity, sex or sexual orientation. Please make us aware if you require any reasonable adjustments throughout the recruitment process.