Head of Software Engineering
£120,000 | London | Permanent
IQ Talent Solutions
Posted 27 days ago
Our client is fast becoming a leader in Cleantech. Due to phenomenal growth, they are now looking to recruit a leader who has experience working in a start-up organisation who can rapidly scale up the current team from 50 - 500 technology business within 12 months. The ideal candidate would be a hands-on Software Engineering Manager looking to progress into a Head of Software Engineering position. You will be working closely with the Digital, Data, Mobile and engineering teams to support product sprints and deliveries. This role will also involve you to support the development of the technical architecture and design to the IoT platform.
The ideal candidate would be passionate about all thing's technology, with a keen, broader interest in design, development, usability, and technology. You will have a responsive or adaptive experience, and happy to get your hands dirty when discussing methods with the team, working collaboratively with colleagues from multiple departments including non-technical teams such as sales and marketing. The client is looking for someone who has the desire to adopt and put into practice emerging technologies. We require excellent client facing skills with the ability to explain technically complex solutions and how they meet and fulfil business objectives, identifying and architecting solutions. We need someone with the ability to work efficiently and concurrently across multiple projects
* Must have a passion in renewable energy
* Hands-on experience with Java and modern frameworks such as Spring Boot
* Worked and experienced in a scale up organisation
* Grown teams from 10 - 100 in a short space of time
* JVM languages
* Cloud-based systems
* Designing and building distributed systems for scalability, availability, and performance
* Understanding of modern software development practices and techniques (TDD, BDD)
* Web technologies and frameworks
* Relational and non-relational databases
* Mobile technologies
* Software, Full stack development background with hands-on experience
* Technical Architecture and strategy
* Creative problem-solving mindset, can-do attitude, and leadership skills
* Exceptional communication (spoken/written) and presentation skills
* A passion for software development processes, methodologies, and technologies
* Ability to learn and keep technically current with industry approaches, frameworks, and paradigms, including self-learning and company sponsored improvement
* Well-versed in Agile software development processes and techniques and how to adapt them to the team dynamics and business needs
* Firm character, integrity and being able to obtain respect from colleagues and likeable manner to drive people Ability to motivate a team to achieve the defined vision and product objectives while balancing business priorities through collaboration with senior management
* Ability to initiate, recognize, and manage change
* Ability to manage performance and coach team members for growth through career development plans and leading by example
This is a fantastic role where you will need to have a high degree of energy, enthusiasm, and commitment to succeed. The role is a brand-new role and will require flexibility and creative thinking skills to relentlessly contribute towards making a truly great service. Candidates must be able to build and maintain good relationships with those around them - at all levels of the business. The client is offering a fantastic opportunity for career development progression.
The salary package is market leading. In terms of package, you will be offered a competitive bonus structure, share options, pension, and other exceptional benefits. Fantastic opportunity to join a great client in a high-profile role, interviews scheduled, send CV ASAP to avoid disappointment.
InterQuest Group is acting as an employment agency for this vacancy. InterQuest Group is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of age, disability, gender, religion/belief, race, marriage, civil partnership, pregnancy, maternity, sex or sexual orientation. Please make us aware if you require any reasonable adjustments throughout the recruitment process.