Head of Marketing - Local Government
£85,000 | London | Permanent
IQ Talent Solutions
Posted 13 days ago
Our client is a software business who deliver innovative solutions to simplifying connections. They're seeking a Head of Marketing for Vertical Software Solutions, working closely with the leadership team for their Local Government and Social Housing business. This is to be based from their luxurious offices in Central London. The base salary is up to £85,000 with work from home options and an excellent benefits package.
Reporting to the Head of Marketing for Vertical Software Solutions and working closely with the leadership team for our clients Local Government and Social Housing business, you will play a critical role in the strategic development and marketing of the business. You will work with the Senior Management Team and leverage a central marketing operation, to help define their future direction and achieve ambitious growth plans. This is a senior position and is a key strategic growth area for our client, hence the role requires a proven and experienced marketing leader that can handle multiple key stakeholders and will be confident to drive at strategic level, whilst providing a depth of knowledge to keep them at the top of their game at a tactical level. You will combine your relevant and demonstrable industry knowledge with substantial experience in marketing, to deliver high performance customer acquisition, renewal and retention programmes that help us grow the business.
What is expected of the Head of Marketing;
* Providing business strategy/business planning support including commissioning of research, competitor analysis and market knowledge share, providing ongoing analysis and support and feeding the yearly business planning process
* Ownership of the marketing strategy and supporting activity plans; utilising defined processes to identify strategy, tactical activity and finances, working with your business stakeholders to ensure timely approvals and implementation
* Driving a connected Sales/Product and Marketing approach within the business, in order to optimise intelligence and information sharing, to inform business growth and ensure timely and coordinated marketing planning
* Working in conjunction with the key stakeholders that are relevant to your business solutions, to support them in understanding and defining their propositions and the most effective representation of your solutions in order to drive lead generation from all relevant campaigns.
* Working with the partnerships team to position the brand in the partnership community and support their partnership growth programmes
* Ownership of financial planning, forecasting and relationship of spend to return on investment. Ensuring the marketing budgets are accurately forecast, spent and measured appropriately.
* Monthly reporting to the Head of Marketing for Vertical Software Solutions, SMT and business stakeholders - reviewing and evaluating activity plans, reporting on value/ROI and championing best marketing practices or new marketing initiatives
* Monthly financial management and marketing activity reporting
* Working with the Resource Manager to accurately forecast resource requirements and to ensure the smooth ongoing management of the marketing resources available; timely requests for adjustments, support at monthly management and work in progress meetings, showing appreciation and consideration of the wider team priorities and targets
* Monthly marketing team and management meetings; sharing best practice, sharing barriers and discussing how to resolve them, identifying where they could be better and how they might achieve that, celebrating the success of other team members.
* Working with the Insights team to collate and share market and industry intelligence through analyst and industry news feeds, use of digital and social listening tools and feedback from industry events and engagements
* Running workshops with business stakeholders, both to support a joined up, buy-in of marketing approaches and to ensure knowledge share and a consensus on direction and methods of travel
* Facilitating workshops to help identify new propositions, persona's, audience segmentation and build go to market plans for new market sectors
* Providing comprehensive briefing and subsequent ongoing working with their campaign experience teams to implement campaigns and analyse data, to hone and refine their customer campaign activities - optimising customer retention, cross sell/upsell, new business pipeline generation and supporting the sales community in driving increased lead conversion rates
What we look for in a Head of Marketing;
* Established experience and proven, demonstrable track record, from a relevant industry background
* Demonstrating creativity and market leading insights to drive forward the brand value and positioning of our software solutions
* Commercial awareness to maximise the value from derived from marketing initiatives
* Confidence, independence and assertiveness to manage stakeholders and remain true to the appropriate use of marketing resource
* An ability to persuade and influence to build quality collaborations with business stakeholders and partners
* A strategic eye with an ability to deliver on short term requirements whilst maintaining an allegiance to the goals of the longer-term strategy
* A passion for marketing and its ability to impact business growth and reputation
* Pioneering qualities and an Inquisitive nature with a natural propensity to keeping updated with industry knowledge
* Solid understanding of marketing principles and excellent project management skills
* A strong and proven track record in demand generation approaches and techniques
* Ability to manage effectively using a matrix team approach, coupled with strong people and interpersonal skills with the ability to effectively communicate and influence at all levels
What the Head of Marketing will receive;
* A base salary of up to £85,000
* Luxury offices
* Work from options 2 days per week
* Excellent benefits
InterQuest Group is acting as an employment agency for this vacancy. InterQuest Group is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of age, disability, gender, religion/belief, race, marriage, civil partnership, pregnancy, maternity, sex or sexual orientation. Please make us aware if you require any reasonable adjustments throughout the recruitment process.