Head Of Financial Control
£95,000 | London | Permanent
Posted 5 days ago
IQ Talent Solutions are delighted to be working with one of our key asset management clients supporting with the recruitment of a Head of Financial Control This is to join the team in their prestigious London office paying a salary of circa £95,000 plus bonus.
The role of the Head of Financial Control encompasses everything relating to the UK and Ireland Legal Entities.
What is expected of the Head of Financial Control;
Primary responsibility is to oversee all legal entity accounting and reporting:
- Ensure that all financial transactions are properly recorded, filed, and reported
- Produce regular periodic reporting of P&L and Balance Sheet by legal entity
- Own and execute the production of the statutory accounts, acting as a primary contact point for auditors.
- Ensure all balances are understood, reconciled and have appropriate 'ownership' within Finance.
- Promptly investigate and resolve any data issues
- Responsible for 8 legal entities and branches
- Monitor and maintain firm funding levels
- Manage cash flow by designing appropriate KPIs for tracking
- Responsible for cash management and rebate payment process.
- Lead liquidity positioning and participate in liquidity stress testing
- Manage calculation and payment of any dividends.
- Manage a team of 2-3 onshore staff and 1-2 offshore staff
- Motivate and lead finance team members by clarifying roles and providing helpful feedback
- Manage their priorities, development and progress.
- Review and approve balance sheet reconciliations as appropriate.
- Indirectly manage any offshore team members supporting the Financial Control team.
- Own the production of all Finance regulatory reporting for UK, Irish entities and branches
- Ensuring compliance with appropriate regulations, reviewing relevant guidance and participating in industry debates where appropriate.
What we look for in a Head of Financial Control;
- Experience in a Financial Services
- Ideally 5+ years post qualified experience in a Financial Reporting or Financial Controller role
- Experience completing/overseeing FCA regulatory returns and ICAAP
- Strong numerical, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excel skills (pivot tables, vlookups etc)
- Someone who embraces change and constantly looks to drive process improvements.
What the Head of Financial Control will receive;
- A base salary of circa £95.000
- Up 25% bonus (discretionary based on individual and company performance)
- Excellent benefits package
- Luxurious Central London location
InterQuest Group is acting as an employment agency for this vacancy. InterQuest Group is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of age, disability, gender, religion/belief, race, marriage, civil partnership, pregnancy, maternity, sex or sexual orientation. Please make us aware if you require any reasonable adjustments throughout the recruitment process.