Head Of Finance Systems
£110,000 | London | Permanent
IQ Talent Solutions
Posted 20 days ago
Our client is a multinational loyalty and benefits company, who is seeking a Head of Finance Systems on a permanent basis. This is based in their luxurious offices in Central London paying up to £110,000 with up to 20% bonus.
The Head of Finance Systems will develop and own the strategy for finance systems across the Group in partnership with the Tech function and will be responsible for finance system master data, processes and associated controls. The role will also lead the transition to a new accounting system for the Group, ensuring that the new system meets the needs of the users.
What is expected of the Head of Finance Systems;
* Define our clients finance systems strategy in conjunction with the finance leadership team and IT department, ensuring that it meets the complex and growing needs of the finance team and wider users of financial data and taking account of strategic growth and diversification plans
* Deliver new finance systems in accordance with the strategy including design, build, implementation and test, managing all phases of various projects including the allocation of necessary resources
* Maintain a detailed understanding of all financial systems in our client, new functionality and industry best practice
* Day to day management and development of the Group consolidation and reporting system and General Ledger accounting systems
* Manage on-going change requests and upgrades to existing products including leadership of the prioritisation process for development work on a group wide basis ensuring optimal scoping of projects, allocation of work and timely delivery of robust solutions
* Proactively look for opportunities to make incremental enhancements and improvements to current and future finance systems and processes, reporting and data analytics capabilities to drive increased efficiency and productivity across finance
* Ensure the financial reporting systems comply with key regulatory reporting processes
* Ensure that local and or divisional specific reporting needs can be met whilst maintaining the predominant Group view
* Maintain an appropriate financial systems control environment
* Manage and administer master data processes for the group finance systems
* Develop, manage and transform the finance systems team to deliver the highest quality support to the finance community and all key stakeholders; mitigate legacy risks and exposures in the current system team, ie 'Key Man Risk'
* Ensure key processes and controls are in place, are fully documented and operate with enough cover to give assurance of system availability to meet deadlines and business demands.
What we look for a Head of Finance Systems;
* Qualified accountant
* Previous experience managing a Finance System or MI function
* Previous experience of implementing a new finance accounting, consolidation and planning system
* Knowledge of General Ledger and Financial Consolidation processes / systems
* Experience of delivering Management Information to Business Users through working with major EPM software
* History of successfully delivering change
* Understanding of risk and controls within a finance systems-based environment
* Experience of working in a multi-national organisation
* Experience in successfully leading staff to meet business requirements.
* Ability to roll up sleeves and operate in a very hand's on environment
What the Head of Finance Systems will receive;
* A base salary of up to £110,000
* Bonus up to 20%
* Modern working environment, free fruit, open bar on a Friday
* Luxury offices
InterQuest Group is acting as an employment agency for this vacancy. InterQuest Group is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of age, disability, gender, religion/belief, race, marriage, civil partnership, pregnancy, maternity, sex or sexual orientation. Please make us aware if you require any reasonable adjustments throughout the recruitment process.