Head of Finance
Competitive | London | Contract
Posted 16 days ago
InterQuest are working with an emerging force in the banking sector who are looking for a Head of Finance (HoF) to join them on a contract basis.
Contract length: 3-6 months
As the HoF, you'll be at the forefront of financial control, planning, and operations. From leading budgeting processes to automating financial systems, you'll be a key player in ensuring our financial health and compliance with regulatory standards. Your innovative approach will be crucial in designing and implementing financial architectures that propel toward authorization as a bank.
Financial Reporting and Analysis:
- Lead annual budgeting and forecasting processes.
- Provide insightful financial performance reports to the Executive Team and Board of Directors.
- Analyze financial data to identify trends, opportunities, and areas for improvement.
- Design and maintain the general ledger and finance systems.
- Manage balance sheet and achieve financial targets.
- Prepare accurate and timely financial reports, including statutory accounts.
Strategy and Planning:
- Develop and execute financial strategies aligned with the bank's objectives.
- Assist in product development and assess financial impacts.
- Conduct thorough financial forecasting and risk assessments.
- Risk Management, Regulatory Compliance, and Audit:
- Develop and maintain compliance with Finance Risk and Controls Self-Assessment.
- Ensure robust risk management to safeguard financial assets.
- Collaborate with auditors during audits in a professional manner.
- Provide oversight of day-to-day financial operations.
- Implement best practices in financial processes and controls.
- Prepare, review, and update finance documentation.
Skills You'll Need:
- Degree-educated with a professional accountancy qualification (ACA, ACCA, CIMA).
- Leadership experience in a regulated environment.
- Proven ability to engage with senior management and board levels.
- Expertise in implementing and operating Financial Reporting tools.
- Strong knowledge of regulatory compliance and risk management in banking.
- Excellent communication and stakeholder management skills.
- Strong leadership skills to inspire and motivate a diverse team.
InterQuest Group is acting as an employment agency for this vacancy. InterQuest Group is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of age, disability, gender, religion/belief, race, marriage, civil partnership, pregnancy, maternity, sex or sexual orientation. Please make us aware if you require any reasonable adjustments throughout the recruitment process.