Head of Engineering
Competitive | London | Permanent
IQ Talent Solutions
Posted 20 days ago
Head of Engineering | Permanent| Based in London with WFH days
We would love to talk to you if you are an experienced Senior Full Stack Developer with a real passion for Digital first, who has worked in the Start-up or Cyber Security space!!
This is an exciting senior role in a team that is expected to grow considerably over the next two years. The position is ideally for someone who can step straight in as Head of Engineering, but if you feel greater leadership experience is required then it may start as a Senior Full-Stack Developer role with the potential for rapid progressing to Head of Engineering.
This role will be demanding both from a Leadership and a Technical perspective. As an early-stage tech scale-up, nobody on the team is without responsibilities to design solutions, cut code, and solve issues in production. But this role will also be expected to play a lead role in leading and developing the team. You will take ownership of the governance, standards, and processes of our development lifecycle. Based on Agile and implement all capabilities, processes and tooling to align fully with the DevOps principles. The individual will also implement robust processes and patterns to ensure all new capability has appropriate automated testing in place.
* Team Management
* DevOps Lifecycle Management
* Software Development
* Key Performance Indicators
Experience and required tools:
* A minimum of a 2.1 or 1st class or master's in computer science
* Not less than 8 years of development experience in commercial teams working on large scale B2B Web Applications. Highly desirable to have some of this experience with a tech start-up / early stage scale-up.
* First-hand experience defining and implementing Agile and DevOps governance, standards, and processes.
* High levels of experience and expertise in developing scale web applications in PHP using the Laravel Framework (or as a minimum the Symfony framework). This deep familiarity with OOPHP; developing high performance Eloquent models with complex relationships; the implementation of events, listeners, middleware, services etc to maintain loose coupling; and the design, documentation, and implementation of REST APIs.
* Comfortable developing across the entire stack from database design and query construction, extending through to the front-end with the implementation of React components.
* Has led a team of developers in a high-tempo, agile environment to deliver new capability into production regularly and reliably.
* Logically curious and creative
* Very quick to learn new skills and techniques
This Start-up Company are disrupting the market with their niche Cyber platform. Are stable and secure, having new investment and client wins. They currently have a small, yet very strong collaborative team, who are all eager and keen to grow within this very prosperous environment.
Please get in touch with interest to discuss full job details and responsibilities. Send your CV to me, Rhiannon at Rhiannon.Cane@iqtalentsolutions.com or call me direct on 07470064623. We are excited to hear from you! This is an exciting opportunity! (Salary / Bonus / Benefits info all available on initial phone call)
InterQuest Group is acting as an employment agency for this vacancy. InterQuest Group is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of age, disability, gender, religion/belief, race, marriage, civil partnership, pregnancy, maternity, sex or sexual orientation. Please make us aware if you require any reasonable adjustments throughout the recruitment process.