Head Of Claims
£95,000 | Stevenage | Permanent
IQ Talent Solutions
Posted 5 days ago
Our client is a well-established Insurance provider who is recruiting a Head of Claims on a base salary of circa £90,000 (open to negotiation for excellent candidates) to be based from their Stevenage office. They provide great value, high quality insurance to trade union members and their families. Their services are also available to the general public looking to benefit from their competitive premiums and wide range of cover on Home, Travel, Pet and Car Insurance.
We are recruiting for an outstanding opportunity to lead their Household Insurance claims department. Consequently, they're on the lookout for a strong, experienced leader to work with their executive team to set the claims strategy for our client and to lead their claims department to deliver performance in line with their business objectives and embed a claims philosophy to ensure compliance with the relevant regulatory bodies and careful cost management controls.
What is expected of the Head of Claims;
The Head of Claims will lead all aspects of our clients Claims Operation; driving process improvements to maximise claims cost efficiencies whilst delivering great service, in-keeping with our values. The role holder will be accountable for the delivery of all financial and service objectives. The remit will include leading our clients Digital Claims change agenda; embedding solutions to streamline processes, reduce costs & lifecycles, for the benefit of the society and its members.
* Lead our clients Claims Operation, to meet operational, financial and service objectives.
* Set the claims policy for our client. Review existing claims philosophy and practices; revise as appropriate; roll-out and embed across the claims operation.
* Review the current operating model and the technology employed; identify the changes required to achieve business success; mobilise.
* Implement training development program to upskill colleagues; ensure all claims colleagues can support our claims philosophy, deliver excellent service and control indemnity costs.
* Establish and maintain claims supplier arrangements; ensure appropriate spend & service controls; mobilise appropriate risk-based audit approach.
* Maximise claims recovery opportunities; ensure that claims and recoveries process are optimised across the business.
* In conjunction with the Finance Director, determine appropriate performance KPIs (cost, speed, service) by which the Claims Operation will be managed. Delivery against KPIs
* Be an active member of the Executive & Risk Management committees. Be responsible for conducting audit and compliance activities, ensuring all business activities are addressed in line with regulatory frameworks.
What we look for in a Head of Claims;
* Insurance qualification (CII/CILA) essential.
* Demonstrable Insurance/Financial sector experience & regulatory knowledge; has a clear understanding of mutuality
* Experience in a senior operations roles 5 years +
* Proven experience of Claims Operational management
* Experience of working with multiple products and partners
* Proven track records of internal and external stakeholder management
What the Head of Claims will receive.
* A base salary of circa £90,000 (open for negation for excellent candidates)
* Family friendly policies
* Support for personal development
* Final salary pension scheme
* Give As You Earn Scheme
* Access to annual sports and social club membership
* An Employee Assistance Programme
* Health Cash plan (taxable benefit)
* Season Ticket Loans
* Friendly working environment.
InterQuest Group is acting as an employment agency for this vacancy. InterQuest Group is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of age, disability, gender, religion/belief, race, marriage, civil partnership, pregnancy, maternity, sex or sexual orientation. Please make us aware if you require any reasonable adjustments throughout the recruitment process.