Group Editorial Manager
Competitive | City of London | Contract
IQ Talent Solutions
Posted 8 days ago
IQ Talent Solutions are delighted to be working with one of our key clients in the hospitality and travel sector, supporting them with the recruitment of a Group Editorial Manager for a 3-month paternity cover contract, paying a competitive day rate. The role is fully remote for the duration of the contract.
You will be providing interim cover for their Group Editorial Manager. As part of our client's Global Corporate Communications team, you will use your editorial insight and expertise to shape and refine different business narratives and help showcase their powerful story as one of the world's leaders in the hospitality and travel sector. The remit includes producing and/or editing a wide range of high-profile internal and external content, such as key announcements, film scripts, event resources, owner communications and speeches.
Based in remotely, UK, the role is designed to provide a shared editorial service to the Global Corporate Communications teams. Working as part of a broader editorial network of colleagues, led by the Head of Global Internal Communications & Editorial, you will also support their regional communications teams to deliver editorial priorities as appropriate.
What is expected of the Group Editorial Manager?
* Deliver first-class copy writing and editing across key global communications materials for internal, corporate, consumer, financial and investor audiences
* Deliver/edit/support global and regional communication teams with senior leader speeches, keynotes, film scripts, talking points
* Deliver narratives for global & regional communications teams and functions that best capture their story and support the wider ambitions of the company
* Work with network of editorial managers to unearth content needed to drive corporate narrative
What we look for in a Group Editorial Manager?
* Minimum five years' experience in journalism with demonstrated ability to write strong, clear and compelling content
* Experience of meeting deadlines in a fast-paced environment, with an ability to understand and articulate complex information quickly
* Comfortable with shifting priorities and an ability to work with ambiguity
* Good understanding of writing for different mediums (articles, reports, social, web, speeches)
* Experience of speech writing specifically is desirable
* Experience of working with subject matter experts to understand and bring stories to life
* Ability to deal with all levels of the organisation effectively and build strong relationships - confident, and credible when working with senior stakeholders
* Ability to create and drive an editorial agenda is desirable
* Experience of the hospitality or travel sector is desirable
* Experience of working in a global business with international interdependencies is preferable
What the Group Editorial Manager will receive?
- 3-month contract
- Competitive day rate
- The chance to work for a luxury brand
InterQuest Group is acting as an employment agency for this vacancy. InterQuest Group is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of age, disability, gender, religion/belief, race, marriage, civil partnership, pregnancy, maternity, sex or sexual orientation. Please make us aware if you require any reasonable adjustments throughout the recruitment process.