GPON Consulting Engineer
£50,000 | London | Permanent
Posted 20 days ago
GPON Consulting Engineer required to join an established professional services team, this is a technical role providing engineering services to service provider customers.
The GPON consulting engineer will be required to maintain expertise on installation and deployed Service Provider network architectures and solutions.
The main purpose of this job is to work with Service Provider customers to ensure the smooth implementation and maintenance of installed solutions with integration of our technology partner products into new and/or existing networks.
- Working with Technical Architects and Customers in technical workshops
- On customer deployments, work with TAC to resolve engineering support issues
- Plan, manage and execute SOW/contract deliverables for the Professional Services offerings
- Delivering projects based on accepted high-level and low-level network designs
- Lab trials and field trials
- Design validation and verification testing
- Interoperability testing
- Network implementation planning
- Type Approval Testing for SW releases
- Writing of Method of Procedures (MOP) for technical activities
- Writing Test Plans for real scenario implementations
- Troubleshooting design related faults and diagnosing proof of concept installations
- Knowledge transfer to both internal and external customers
Work in a consultative manner with Customers and Technical Architects to deliver Professional Service projects. Typical responsibilities will include:
- Install, implement and handover access networks to Customers
- Support networks in early stages of deployment
- Assisting with handover of deployed projects
- A third of the time will be spent working on 3rd level support escalations with TAC for Customer related issues.
- Technical lead for major network deployments and migrations. Produce documentation based on validations and migration plan.
- Lead implementation and/or execution of those plans
- Develop and maintain an in-depth technical knowledge of Fixed Access vendor partner
- Ensure that Engineering aspects of all projects follow engagement and delivery processes, working closely with the appropriate project or program manager
- Act as a Consulting Engineering Services project leader on larger projects, co-ordinating the work of a larger delivery team; act as a project manager when appropriate, owning overall responsibility for network implementation.
- Provide appropriate training (knowledge transfer workshops) to Customers
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with the Customer's technical management and teams.
- Participation in workshops, discussions and meetings with Customer's Design, Test and/or Engineering Teams
- Reviewing Customer provided (technical) information
- Providing input related to 'best practices' in design, implementation and/or migration planning, and validation & verification testing
- Providing Customers with input related to recommended configurations and parameter values for equipment
- Expert communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong implementation and support experience
- Commitment to delivering a good customer experience
- 5+ years' experience in the telecommunications industry
- In-depth knowledge of fixed access networking, particularly FTTx, GPON, OLT/ONT, SVLAN, CLVAN and trunking methods, telecommunication networks and network management
- Knowledge of Metro Ethernet, Carrier Ethernet, data-centric networks (IP/MPLS) and Optical networks a real plus.
- Proven ability to work in a technical role including strong experience supporting service provider networks
- Experience in working with international companies
- Effective engineering and planning skills, with the ability to work on multiple projects and manage customers appropriately
- Must be fluent in English language and possess excellent written and verbal communication skills
InterQuest Group is acting as an employment agency for this vacancy. InterQuest Group is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of age, disability, gender, religion/belief, race, marriage, civil partnership, pregnancy, maternity, sex or sexual orientation. Please make us aware if you require any reasonable adjustments throughout the recruitment process.