German Speaking Bid Manager
Competitive | London | Permanent
IQ Talent Solutions
Posted +1 month ago
IQ Talent Solutions are delighted to be working with one of our most prestigious clients who are an industry leader in the technology sector, supporting them with the recruitment of a German speaking Bid Manager to join their thriving team in Central London. There are homebased working options for this role.
You will manage a team of multi-disciplined bid professionals in business development activities for our client on international opportunities.
What is expected of the Bid Manager;
* Sole responsibility for the Bid stage but also supporting earlier stages of Identification/Qualification and/or later stages of Transition/Operation;
* Collaborates on bid team strategy to a customer tender in conjunction with Sales Lead and Solution Lead; ensures team stays aligned with agreed approach;
* Develops and maintains a bid plan to align with customer deadlines, working with the wider team to set priorities, deliverables, governance steps, logistics and assigning resources;
* As part of bid planning, will propose and monitor a budget for internal resources, external resources, third party spend, travel & expenses etc. Will manage bid in consideration of timelines, resources and budget;
* Overall responsibility for customer deliverables, including written responses and presentations, particularly at Bid stage; may have Bid Coordinator support to manage this workstream on large opportunities and/or at an earlier stage;
* Create, audit and despatch quality persuasive proposals to agreed deadlines; Ensure document content and format meets current company structure; legislation; procedures; products; solutions and policies; guidelines; branding etc;
* Optional specialism: experience and focus on industry and/or IT Services area may allow for alignment and assignment to opportunities in those areas.
What we look for in a Bid Manager;
* Previous bid management experience strongly preferred; similar experience in sales or procurement role considered;
* IT industry experience preferred but not essential; skillsets more relevant;
* Resilient nature and experienced in working in large, international commercial company environments; working flexibly to achieve deadlines;
* No industry certification required, but project management (e.g. APMP), bid management-related (e.g. Shipley) or IT (e.g. ITIL) courses or certifications helpful;
* Strong computer skills, accomplished user of Microsoft Office suite, particularly Word, Excel and PowerPoints, but optionally Project and Visio;
* Would suit candidate looking to develop as a Bid Manage to take on larger and more complex sales opportunities as well as to improve their skill sets.
What the Bid Manager will receive;
* A highly competitive salary (available on request)
* Excellent benefits
* Luxury offices
InterQuest Group is acting as an employment agency for this vacancy. InterQuest Group is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of age, disability, gender, religion/belief, race, marriage, civil partnership, pregnancy, maternity, sex or sexual orientation. Please make us aware if you require any reasonable adjustments throughout the recruitment process.