GCP Engineer (fully remote in EU)
£125,000 | London | Permanent
Posted 27 days ago
A market leading cloud risk management platform has been built to safeguard our finances; by using artificial intelligence and machine learning the business takes a millisecond to analyse transactions for fraudulent or laundering behaviour before approving a payment. As we transition to a cashless world this will become even more important to the masses than it already is.
It's not just consumer spending that is protected, some of the world's largest banks and financial institutions trust this platform to protect trillions of pounds and mitigate financial risk. Customer service has been at the heart of everything they do since day 1.
A recent valuation came in at $1.5B thanks to a healthy investment. With every senior hire you are rewarded with 2,000 share in this privately owned company.
As a GCP Engineer you will join the product team that is disrupting the financial crime industry.
The AWS blueprint was mapped out a long time ago and this has played a huge role in the success of the business, now as they look to go cloud-agnostic it will be down to you to create the GCP roadmap.
* You will be the subject matter expert for GCP working with the infra and SRE teams.
* You will support tech design conversations and contribute to the strategic direction.
* You will be required to play a big part in setting out the businesses cloud first strategy.
* You will mentor other engineers and lead sprint planning sessions.
* You will write IaC and manage the end-to-end lifecycle operations.
* You will have previous Platform Engineering, DevOps or SRE experience in a SaaS environment.
* You will have deep expertise with Google Cloud.
* You will have experience with IaC tools.
* You will have experience operating Kubernetes clusters, preferably on GCP.
Great communications skills are essential for this role due to the number of different teams you will work between and the amount of stakeholder engagement involved.
In your first month you can expect to be fully immersed into the brand through training, introductions, one-to-one time with seniors and shadowing peers. There are tons of resources available to help get you up to speed and provide a rich history of the company and outline the vision.
InterQuest Group is acting as an employment agency for this vacancy. InterQuest Group is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of age, disability, gender, religion/belief, race, marriage, civil partnership, pregnancy, maternity, sex or sexual orientation. Please make us aware if you require any reasonable adjustments throughout the recruitment process.