Competitive | London | Contract
IQ Talent Solutions
Posted +1 month ago
IQ Talent Solutions are delighted to be working with one of our key asset management clients supporting with the recruitment of Funds Lawyer on a contract basis until April 2022.
The client is based in Central London office - however the role can be fully remote if needed
The role will be via umbrella with a competitive day rate to the successful candidate
You will ideally be an experienced Funds Lawyer with a proven background working with Funds. You will be working with product development, business, operational and compliance teams. Whilst also instructing and working with external lawyers or advisers where needed
What is expected of the Funds Lawyer?
* Advising primarily in relation to Irish QIAIFs (including L-QIAIFs) and UCITS, with work also being undertaken on our client's other fund ranges in Guernsey, Luxembourg, Cayman, the UK and to a lesser extent, the US and Australia. The fund range includes, amongst others, UCITS, QIAIFs, L-QIAIFs, ICVCs, closed-ended partnerships, securitisation vehicles, and open-ended private funds.
* Working with the product development team on fund structuring and the implementation of the legal and tax structuring advice.
* Drafting and reviewing fund and supporting documentation, including, amongst others, constitutional documents, offering documents, investment management agreements, administration and depositary agreements, distribution agreements, NDAs and profit participating notes.
* Advising on private placement marketing queries and prospective investor queries in relation to our client's fund ranges.
What we look for a in Funds Lawyer?
* Working knowledge of Irish QIAIFs (including L-QIAIFs) and Irish UCITS
* Ideal candidates will either be English or Irish law qualified with proven Funds experience.
* Candidates will either have 5 years PQE or have a proven understanding of UCITS and QIAIFs with at least 2 years PQE.
* Ability to operate independently but with good communication skills and strong team skills and able to run projects independently.
* Extensive experience of drafting all relevant documentation.
InterQuest Group is acting as an employment agency for this vacancy. InterQuest Group is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of age, disability, gender, religion/belief, race, marriage, civil partnership, pregnancy, maternity, sex or sexual orientation. Please make us aware if you require any reasonable adjustments throughout the recruitment process.