Competitive | Greater London | Permanent
IQ Talent Solutions
Posted +1 month ago
Functional Technical Consultant - Service 3rd Party
IQ Talent Solutions are delighted to be working with one of our most valued clients who are a technology industry leader in their field, in the recruitment of a Functional Technical Consultant in their Service area.
The focus of this role is third party service fulfilment including on-boarding third party as an entity or as individual engineers, skills and entitlements, CMDB/install base, scheduling, request and resolution management, parts ordering. The Functional Consultant - Service, is a hybrid role of functional and technical skills, will also assist in expanding and refining system requirements, designing and implementation of system changes to support process improvements, and analysing and implications to support key decisions and recommendations
This role will include travel to a variety or locations (COVID permitting) and candidates will ideally be accustomed to working remotely and ad-hoc weekend hours where needed.
Duties & Responsibilities
* Support the Solutions Design Manager and solution architects in any system and application requirements and developments under the remit of the Head of Solutions Design & Architecture, and teams to drive harmonisation and standardisation of processes.
* Integral to the functional and technical design and delivery of Service reports, interfaces, conversions, and enhancements according to schedule and in alignments with development standards.
* Designing enhancements or developments of service applications together with integration to other business processes and / or applications
* Guide software development activities to technical staff that will deliver custom reports, interfaces, conversions, and enhancements to enable the global design for systems.
* Support creation of ballpark estimates for work
* Review and challenge detailed estimates provided by 3rd party suppliers
* Responsible for third party service fulfilment including on-boarding third party as an entity or as individual engineers, skills and entitlements, CMDB/install base, scheduling, request and resolution management, parts ordering.
* Assist in expanding and refining system requirements, designing and implementation of system changes to support process improvements, and analysing and implications to support key decisions
* Assist with development sign off and transition to service management
Skills & Experience
* Ideal candidates will be degree educated and able to demonstrate knowledge and experience of Service systems, preferably with Oracle fusion/cloud modules or ServiceNow.
* Proven business or operational knowledge of third party service fulfilment will be a distinct advantage, with experience within an operational service business area, with knowledge of processes and workflows preferable.
* Candidates will ideally have a strong technical and functional knowledge of service applications/modules including CMDB, scheduling, request/resolution, and an awareness of Lean Six Sigma methodology
* Candidates will preferably be able to interpret business requirements and high level solution designs into detailed designs for technical development and/or configuration.
* Candidates will ideally be fluent in English and an exvellent communicator at all levels, with the ability to successfully deliver business objectives to both technical and non-technical audiences and any additional language skills will be a distinct advantage
InterQuest Group is acting as an employment agency for this vacancy. InterQuest Group is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of age, disability, gender, religion/belief, race, marriage, civil partnership, pregnancy, maternity, sex or sexual orientation. Please make us aware if you require any reasonable adjustments throughout the recruitment process.