Front-End, Full Stack Software Engineer
£45,000 | Birmingham | Permanent
IQ Talent Solutions
Posted 19 days ago
As a Front-End Software Engineer, you will specialize in building responsive and elegant web applications that scale to thousands of users in dozens of languages
You'll be expected to work on challenging products and solutions designed for large-scale usage whilst being insightful and enthusiastic as we love to push the boundaries of what is possible. Hiring for capability over experience and are looking for a diverse team with mixed technical and non-technical capabilities to push our products and solutions forward.
Reporting into a Senior role, this role is a developmental role with the view to progressing through the business area. Main focus will be working on customer projects under the supervision of a Senior and developing technical skills via Learning and Development. The consultant role is key to the future success and growth of the business unit.
* Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain and improve software
* Experience with the latest web standards, including HTML5 and CSS3.
* Knowledge of web libraries and frameworks such as Angular
* Work on the entire life cycle of our services including design, development, testing
* and deployment
* Work with project leads and managers to understand priorities
* Work in agile cross-functional teams
* Communicates and escalates risks related to own projects and business area
* Excellent sense of web design and attuned to the fundamentals of user experience.
* Be responsible for server-side and client-side feature work.
Knowledge, Education, skills, and experience (required)
* Knowledge of front-end platforms such as Angular
* A love for web technologies and the desire to push the web to its limits
* Ability to speak and write in English fluently and idiomatically
* Identifies areas/subjects they don't know and proactively seeks out knowledge
* Proactively gives and seeks feedback. Accepts feedback graciously
* Some experience in Android or iOS
* Experience with Storybook JS
* Experience with NX Dev monorepos
* Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience.
Skills and knowledge's required
* Delivers small, well-defined tasks/projects
* Delegated low-impact problems to solve
* Owns their workload of BAU specialist tasks and/or small- and medium-scale projects within their area
* Works autonomously but asks for guidance when they need to.
* Shows their commitment to personal development by learning more about other disciplines
* Independently works and learns
Location: Birmingham City Centre, just next to 5 ways roundabout
Benefits - Pension plan, BUPA Medical insurance, Bonus Scheme, Life assurance, Payment of absence due to sickness, Permanent health insurance, 25 days + BH, increasing with length of service, Gym membership, season ticket loan, employee assistance program and employee assistance program.
InterQuest Group is acting as an employment agency for this vacancy. InterQuest Group is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of age, disability, gender, religion/belief, race, marriage, civil partnership, pregnancy, maternity, sex or sexual orientation. Please make us aware if you require any reasonable adjustments throughout the recruitment process.