Financial Reporting Accountant
Competitive | Aylesbury | Permanent
IQ Talent Solutions
Posted +1 month ago
Our client is a UK life and pensions company helping customers plan and save for the long term, with roots going back over 100 years. They operate in one of the largest, most sophisticated insurance markets in the world. Due to expansion, they’re now seeking a Financial Reporting Accountant to join their thriving team in Aylesbury where there is a hybrid working policy in place. The role will pay a competitive basic salary, annual bonus and will come with a range of benefits.
What is expected of the Financial Reporting Accountant?
- Contribute and collaborate with the Financial Reporting team with the delivery of the monthly, half yearly and annual financial and regulatory reporting.
- Assist in providing input and contribute to the new business development with specific focus on bulk purchase annuities.
- Actively participate in the Finance Transformation projects, which will include the delivery of a new general ledger and associated processes.
- Preparation and reconciliation of working papers and trial balance to support the monthly, quarterly and annual financial reporting processes.
- Analyse results and query figures and provide insights on the data available.
- Assist with the preparation of the monthly MI and provision of commentary.
What we look for in a Financial Reporting Accountant?
- Qualified accountant (ACA; ACCA).
- Good working knowledge of General Ledger and Microsoft Excel.
- Strong financial analyst skills able to solve complex problems that have broad impacts.
- Knowledge of systems implementation.
What the Financial Reporting Accountant will receive?
• Competitive basic salary
• Annual bonus
• Hybrid working
• Full benefits package
InterQuest Group is acting as an employment agency for this vacancy. InterQuest Group is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of age, disability, gender, religion/belief, race, marriage, civil partnership, pregnancy, maternity, sex or sexual orientation. Please make us aware if you require any reasonable adjustments throughout the recruitment process.