£450 per day | London | Contract
IQ Talent Solutions
Posted 17 days ago
Our client who is a leader in the retail sector, is looking to recruit a Financial Accountant working remotely, for a period of 3 months, paying £450 per day inside of IR35.
You will manage the overall accounting and control process in the main UK trading entities, ensuring timely and accurate close and review of monthly financials for both internal Group and external reporting purposes.
As the Financial Accountant, you will play a critical role in ensuring the smooth operation of financial control and accounting across the UK business to a high level of quality and consistency. You will play a significant role in the UK monthly close processes for both Group and Statutory reporting purposes. This will include the preparation and review of journals, analytical review of monthly results, account reconciliations, and identifying process improvements and automation to reduce manual effort.
What is expected of the Financial Accountant?
- Being a key owner in monthly UK Accounting close processes and control environment for the main UK trading entities. This will include the timely preparation and review of journals, analytical review of monthly results and account reconciliations, ensuring the balance sheet is fully understood, reconciled and managed in conjunction with the business;
- Develop and drive a culture of financial control and continued improvement. This involves identifying and supporting process improvements and automation to reduce manual effort, and delivering a sound financial control underpinning for the UK business ensuring accounting processes are robust, comprehensive, and responsive;
- Developing in depth knowledge of the UK business to facilitate preparation of analytical review for internal and external reporting and ensuring all risks and opportunities are identified and mitigated where required;
- Oversee the year-end audit process for the UK business and be the main point of contact for external auditors;
- Participating in preparation and review of statutory financial statements for the main UK trading entities;
- Work closely with the Group accounting and control team to ensure accounting treatments are in line with relevant accounting standards and consistently applied across the UK business;
- Lead the intervention, investigation and resolution of in-year and short term financial issues.
What we look for in a Financial Accountant?
- Able to apply expertise to accounting process and review procedures.
- Able to communicate with senior stakeholders to articulate complex messages in a compelling manner via all means of communication.
- Able to manage and influence senior stakeholders.
- Able to analyse and understand complex issues to facilitate recommendations on optimal solutions.
- Track record of delivering end to end solutions in a planned and controlled manner.
- Experience in fast-moving or retail environments.
- Good working knowledge of SAP, Blackline, and HFM preferable.
- ACA, CIMA or ACCA.
- PQE with proven experience as a Finance Manager or Financial Accountant in a large, complex business.
What the Financial Accountant will receive?
- Up to £450 per day inside of IR35
- Remote working
- Opportunity to add a leading retail brand to your portfolio
InterQuest Group is acting as an employment agency for this vacancy. InterQuest Group is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of age, disability, gender, religion/belief, race, marriage, civil partnership, pregnancy, maternity, sex or sexual orientation. Please make us aware if you require any reasonable adjustments throughout the recruitment process.