Finance Regulatory Reporting Manager;
£80,000 | Leeds | Permanent
Posted 20 days ago
Our client is an award-winning, high-growth fintech company. They provide retail investors with quality financial information, together with the tools and trading environment to make confident and informed investment decisions. Due to expansion they're looking to recruit a Finance Regulatory Reporting Manager on a base salary of up to £70,00 plus bonus to work out of their modern offices in either Leeds or Manchester.
This position will be responsible for the oversight of all prudential reporting in compliance with regulatory requirements. The role will be a supportive function to the Head of CASS & Regulatory Reporting. It will assist with all aspects of regulatory reporting, requiring an understanding of the regulatory environment specifically CRR and the IFPRU handbook.
What is expected of the Finance Regulatory Reporting Manager;
* Ownership of Prudential/Regulatory reporting for the firm including CO-REP, FIN-REP other EBA returns. Responsibility for the accuracy of the data included and its compliance with the respective regulatory framework.
* Ownership of the ICAAP process for the firm, including Pillar 1 compliance, Pillar 2 assessment, stress testing and Wind Down. This includes responsibility for the management of stakeholders involved in the process to ensure an effective challenge process/audit trail and presentation of the ICAAP at Exco/Board committees.
* Responsibility for the management of the SREP process in relation to Prudential/Regulatory reporting.
* Accountable for monitoring of the daily capital adequacy for the firm.
* Responsibility for the internal capital forecasts and Executive/Board reporting.
* Maintain the first lineof defence in relation to Prudential/Regulatory Reporting, maintaining policies set out by the firm, including appropriate escalation and risk event reporting and appropriate audit evidence is maintained.
* Develop & maintain relationships with internal stakeholders (Business, Risk, Legal & Compliance) acting as the SME for regulatory issues. Leverage these relationships to improve the quality, efficiency and effectiveness of the team.
* Contribute to the development, implementation and embedding of the Regulatory Risk Framework.
* Make informed risk decisions and effectively and credibly debate and challenge management recommendations in line with the firms Risk Management Framework
* Use the training and competence scheme to maintain the appropriate knowledge, skills and expertise to carry out the role competently.
* Maintain up to date knowledge of the Prudential Regulatory framework.
* Supervision of treasury back office function including line management responsibilities.
* Maintain the first line of Risk/Compliance defence by ensuring individual adherence to business processes and procedures that are designed to meet the regulatory standards set out in the relevant FSA rules and guidance.
* Make informed risk decisions and effectively and credibly debate and challenge management recommendations within your role in line with the approved Risk Management Framework.
* Maintain the first line of defence by reviewing/supporting the risks and controls assigned to the department.
* Promote change through Root Cause Analyse from Risk events completed.
* Knowledge of the regulatory environment and associated risks that require managing.
* Logging/reviewing and creating actions around Risk Events - Understanding Risk via training and documentation available.
What we look for in a Finance Regulatory Reporting Manager;
* Sound working knowledge of CRR/CRDIV including an understanding of the regulatory environment applicable to the firm and familiarity with IFPRU, SYSC and other rulebooks.
* Subject matter expert for Prudential/Regulatory requirements applicable to investment firms.
* Proficient in Excel. Works to a high degree of accuracy always.
* Advanced numeric ability.
* Advanced financial reporting and analysis.
* Meets full qualification requirements related to FCA handbook 'Activity 16' e.g. CISI level 3 Investment Operations Certificate (or equivalent).
What the Finance Regulatory Reporting Manager will receive;
- A base salary of up to £75,000 plus bonus
- Excellent benefits package
- Luxury offices
- Excellent career progression
InterQuest Group is acting as an employment agency for this vacancy. InterQuest Group is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of age, disability, gender, religion/belief, race, marriage, civil partnership, pregnancy, maternity, sex or sexual orientation. Please make us aware if you require any reasonable adjustments throughout the recruitment process.