Finance Business Partner
Competitive | Birmingham | Permanent
IQ Talent Solutions
Posted 13 days ago
IQ Talent Solutions are delighted to be working with one of our most prestigious clients who are an industry leader in the software sector, supporting them with the recruitment of a Finance Business Partner on a permanent basis. The role will pay a competitive base salary and bonus and will based in Birmingham 2 days per week and 3 days working from home.
The role is a wide-ranging role responsible for leading the finance function supporting, challenging, engaging with, and reporting on the business to improve the commercial effectiveness and success of the business unit. You will be working closely with senior management to understand the wider market and external factors that affect the company's performance.
What is expected of the Finance Business Partner?
* Development of a broad overview across the business, providing insight around their performance, processes, systems, and methodologies.
* Acting as a conduit for information flow and collaboration between functions across the wider business to ensure synergy and alignment
* Providing constructive challenge to leadership team making sure business cases are clear and built on robust assumptions, demonstrate clear risk assessment, and consider mitigation plans.
* Support the business to manage appropriate levels of engineer/consulting staff utilization.
Business Planning and Reporting
* Own the business planning cycle (forecasting, budgeting, and mid-term planning), including developing and updating the financial planning model, identification of KPIs and key business drivers, risks, and upsides.
* Continually improve the entire financial planning process and financial model in terms of accuracy and efficiency as well as relevancy of insights to senior management team
* Through accurate and insightful management information pack covering P&L and BS, continually raise awareness of financial performance, identify risks and opportunities, and ensure action plans are in place.
* Produce and monitor contract profitability as well as identify opportunities to maximize profit.
* Contribute to pricing and margin decisions by owning financial modelling underpinning proposals.
What we look for in a Finance Business Partner?
* Strong financial controlling background with experience of business-partnering role
* Strong commercial acumen, with a strategic approach, strong numeric and analytical skill.
* Comfortable user of M365 application and knowledge of major ERP systems such as Oracle and SAP.
* Accounting qualification (CIMA, ACCA, ACA or equivalent), with an extensive PQE
What the Finance Business Partner will receive?
* Competitive basic salary
* Hybrid working
* Industry leading benefits
InterQuest Group is acting as an employment agency for this vacancy. InterQuest Group is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of age, disability, gender, religion/belief, race, marriage, civil partnership, pregnancy, maternity, sex or sexual orientation. Please make us aware if you require any reasonable adjustments throughout the recruitment process.