Finance Business Analyst
£70,000 | Haywards Heath | Permanent
Posted 13 days ago
IQ Talent Solutions are delighted to be working with one of our key clients in the Insurance space for a Finance Business Analyst responsible for gathering and understanding the business needs and requirements of stakeholders in relation to Finance processes and the accounting and reporting of business across all divisions of the organisation. This is an initial 12 Month FTC paying a competitive rate (This is not a day rate role).
Purpose of the Role:
The Finance Business Analyst will be responsible for gathering and understanding the business needs and requirements of stakeholders in relation to Finance processes and the accounting and reporting of business across all divisions of the organisation. This will require working with the finance function directly and also working with other areas of the business that have a need to pass information to or from finance. Working with the Finance Project Team and other IT teams the Finance Business Analyst will ensure that agreed requirements are accurately translated into appropriate solutions, tested and implemented to deliver benefit to the finance function.
What is expected of the Finance Business Analyst;
- Produce project briefs or terms of reference to identify scope and objectives of project work.
- Analyse business objectives and align identified requirements to business objectives.
- Work with the operations and finance business teams to identify and agree requirements for all aspects of financial processes across the business.
- Work with technical consultants across multiple system platforms to agree appropriate solution to support requirements.
- Ensure cross project team collaboration to identify and support financial requirements for change initiatives outside of the finance function.
- Produce, or review, functional specifications for implementation of requirements.
- Manage stakeholders to achieve sign-off to plan.
- Provide the link between the development team and business representatives regarding functionality, throughout the development lifecycle.
- Deliver high quality project documentation according to existing standards.
- Take the lead in interviews with stakeholders, facilitating workshops and other requirements gathering meetings.
- Capture data elements, organise and model data to support or improve recommendations.
What we look for in a Finance Business Analyst;
- Extensive experience of business analysis within a finance environment.
- Experience of gathering business requirements using a variety of techniques from representatives at different levels of the business
- Demonstrable experience writing requirements specifications and User Stories and obtaining business agreement.
- Experience of the end-to-end project life cycle; ability to operate in the initial conceptual design stage, and at each stage to post implementation, including system and user acceptance testing.
- Knowledge and experience of a range of project delivery methodologies.
- Experience of working with multi-disciplined development teams, including external vendors and agencies providing services for projects.
- MS Office suite, including MS Project / Visio knowledge and skills
What you will receive;
- Competitive salary (This is not a day rate contract)
- 1 Year FTC
- Hayward's Heath location
- Excellent brand to add to your portfolio
InterQuest Group is acting as an employment agency for this vacancy. InterQuest Group is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of age, disability, gender, religion/belief, race, marriage, civil partnership, pregnancy, maternity, sex or sexual orientation. Please make us aware if you require any reasonable adjustments throughout the recruitment process.