Competitive | Manchester | Permanent
IQ Talent Solutions
Posted +1 month ago
Our client is a UK bank with the culture and spirit of a fast-moving, disruptive tech company. They are seeking a Facilities Manager to join their new office in Manchester. The role will pay a competitive basic salary and comes with a range of benefits.
They’re a dynamic, solution driven Facilities Management team with high quality service at the forefront of everything they do. The Facilities team creates and provides their people with an engaging workplace experience.
We are looking for a motivated, hands-on individual with a background in Facilities management. The ideal candidate will be a team player, with great organisational skills, dedicated and committed to making a positive impact on their office environment.
What is expected of the Facilities Manager?
- Line management of 4 direct reports.
- Managing relationships with contractors for both hard and soft services from the initial tendering process and contracting, to ongoing performance management and benchmarking.
- Supporting the team when needed with administrative tasks such as post, processing documents and covering reception.
- Organising office events such as movie nights, merchandise giveaways, and community celebrations.
- Ensure Health and Safety compliance with relevant legislation and company policies, procedures and completing monthly safety sampling assessments and risk assessments.
- To assist the Head of Facilities in meeting the operational requirements of the FM Team.
- Space Planning, desk allocation, Office layout and furniture management.
- Organising planned and reactive maintenance jobs.
- Developing and maintaining a positive working relationship with Landlords, Building Management, Project Stakeholders and contractors.
What we look for in a Facilities Manager?
- This is an ideal position for someone approachable, enthusiastic with a passion for creating inspiring workplaces.
- You will need strong IT and administration skills, IOSH certified, and have very close attention to detail.
- The ability to juggle a range of tasks in a frontline role and first-class customer service skills is needed.
- A proactive approach will need to be taken to ensure the prompt resolution of all day-to-day challenges associated with the running of the office.
- This is a fast paced and varied role at the heart of our client’s business. If you are someone with a ‘can do’ attitude, who is flexible, quick thinking and proactive, with experience working within a corporate facilities team; we want to hear from you!
What the Facilities Manager will receive?
- 25 days holiday (plus take your public holiday allowance whenever works best for you)
- An extra day’s holiday for your birthday
- Annual leave is increased with length of service, and you can choose to buy or sell up to five extra days off
- 16 hours paid volunteering time a year
- Salary sacrifice, company enhanced pension scheme
- Life insurance at 4x your salary
- Private Medical Insurance with Vitality Health including mental health support and cancer care. Partner benefits include discounts with Waitrose, Mr&Mrs Smith and Peloton
- Generous family-friendly policies
- Perkbox membership giving access to retail discounts, a wellness platform for physical and mental health, and weekly free and boosted perks
- Access to initiatives like Cycle to Work and Salary Sacrificed Gym partnerships
InterQuest Group is acting as an employment agency for this vacancy. InterQuest Group is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of age, disability, gender, religion/belief, race, marriage, civil partnership, pregnancy, maternity, sex or sexual orientation. Please make us aware if you require any reasonable adjustments throughout the recruitment process.