EUC Desktop Analyst
£55,000 | London | Permanent
IQ Talent Solutions
Posted 26 days ago
Keywords: EUC, Endusercomputing, Platform, Engineer, VMWare, VDI, Horizonview, appsense, powershell, scripting, automation, windows10, office365, packaging platform, engineer, consultant, infrastructure, msi, app-v, vbscripting, Altiris, vsphere, active directory, policy, desktop, ivanti
My client is a leading global Investment Management business looking to hire a highly technical, multi-disciplined EUC Desktop Analyst, responsible for technical support dealing with a wide range of software (roughly 400 applications packaged), in addition to hardware related issues. You would be required to provide excellent troubleshooting with a strong ability to establish root cause of an issue. The EUC Desktop Platform is 100% VDI: VMware, vSphere/Horizon View. This role is ideal for someone with 5 years' experience, or a recent graduate with a strong IT focussed degree (e.g. Computer Science), who is highly technical and very customer service orientated. Excellent training would be provided.
Note: There are also Senior positions available.
The EUC Desktop Analyst will be expected to:
* Contribute to technical designs, specifications and approaches for new projects and initiatives.
* Determine a problem's root cause through analysis of events, logs, system behaviour and user experiences and the correlation between the data.
* Provide technical input for specific EUC related needs or objectives.
* Work closely with colleagues and external vendors with the goal of optimising solutions to meet the needs of the business.
* Establish quickly whether an issue is User Profile, Viritual Machine, Application specific or Device based.
* Analyse and resolve complex hardware and software issues associated with EUC platform technologies and identify problems that may indicate systemic problems.
The successful EUC Desktop Analyst will possess:
* Working knowledge of VMware, Horizon View and vSphere.
* Proven experience of VDI and EUC space.
* Ability to determine a problems route cause through analysis of events, logs, system behaviour and user experiences and the correlation between the data.
* Ability to guide Helpdesk in resolving issues.
* Work closely with the Infrastructure (Network/Server) team to prove out the issue is backend rather than Desktop.
Other desirable skills required by the EUC Desktop Analyst:
* Application Packaging: MSI/App-V experience.
* PowerShell/VB Scripting knowledge.
* Exposure to Appsense is highly advantageous.
The role will start remotely but ideally return to office work in November 2021.
Please get in touch for more details
InterQuest Group is acting as an employment agency for this vacancy. InterQuest Group is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of age, disability, gender, religion/belief, race, marriage, civil partnership, pregnancy, maternity, sex or sexual orientation. Please make us aware if you require any reasonable adjustments throughout the recruitment process.