Engineering Team Lead
£45,000 | North Yorkshire | Permanent
Posted 3 days ago
InterQuest are currently working with a Managed Service Provider in the Yorkshire region to recruit an Engineering Team Lead on a full-time permanent basis.
* Responsible for managing the 2nd line network delivery team, the field services delivery engineering team and build engineering team.
* This is a hybrid role and you will lead a team of network, security and voice project engineers who are responsible for the technical delivery of new or changed services
* Oversee and be required to deliver all technical deployments of the portfolio of services which include, VOIP, IAAS, Cloud Based Services, Wi-Fi, MPLS WAN, LAN or combinations of all services.
* Accountable for the on-time, on-budget delivery of the business strategy
* Ensure the delivery of high-quality services to customers and on-going commercial viability so the business becomes a trusted partner to all the customer
* Ability to motivate, mentor and coach manage a team
* Support direct reports and colleagues in setting priorities and assist in conflict resolution and management of impediments
* Ensure the right stakeholders are fully engaged in corporate initiatives
* Build a team to ensure high-quality in-service delivery to their customers
* Ensure the right quantity and quality of resource to meet the business strategy
* Ensure roles, responsibilities and expectations are communicated to all team members
* Govern the technical quality of all projects and programmes being managed within the team through governance and validation to ensure that all technical aspects of our projects are managed in line with the company's standards, contractual commitments and ISO accreditations
* Involved in designing, planning and delivering strategic team wide initiatives including but not limited to; system implementation, best practice, policies, methods and continual improvement to ensure the business remains effective and efficient in its delivery
* Work with Project Managers to prepare project initiation documents for customers sign-off prior to project commencement
* Undertake full technical ownership of projects, configure and troubleshoot various network technologies and deliver to contract
* Ensure customer satisfaction and service is considered throughout delivery
* Ensure items meeting the escalation threshold are escalated using the appropriate escalation method and communication plan
* Support the team members to facilitate resolution within the agreed escalation SLA/OLA so that impediments do not detract from on-time delivery
* Ensure accurate updates are provided to relevant internal stakeholders
* Ensure that any risks to delivery are identified, discussed and reported into the line manager
* Proven experience working with MPLS technologies including L2/L3 VPN and traffic engineering, OSPF, BGP and QoS across multiple vendors.
* Great Customer service skills and proven record of liaising directly with customers, vendors, service providers and Telcos
* Experience in configuring, delivering, and troubleshooting various network equipment and technologies.
* Ability to work well under pressure within a busy environment and prioritise tasks accordingly
* CCNP level in one or more following areas; Routing and switching, WLAN, Data Centre, Service provider or Security
Salary: £40,000 - £45,000 per annum
Job Type: Full-time Permanent
Working Hours: 9AM - 5:30PM (Shift - 5 days on 5 days off)
InterQuest Group is acting as an employment agency for this vacancy. InterQuest Group is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of age, disability, gender, religion/belief, race, marriage, civil partnership, pregnancy, maternity, sex or sexual orientation. Please make us aware if you require any reasonable adjustments throughout the recruitment process.