£350 per day | London | Contract
Posted 26 days ago
IQ Talent Solutions are delighted to be working with one of our key asset management clients supporting with the recruitment of Paralegal Document Negotiator. This is to join the team in their prestigious London office. This is a contract position for a period of six months and paying up to £350 per day.
The Document negotiator will have responsibility for trading documentation with approximately 10 dealer counterparties. Products covered are primarily OTC derivatives traded under an ISDA Master Agreement, Repo transactions traded under a GMRA, and FX only mandates under ISDA and clearing onboarding.
What is expected of the Paralegal Document Negotiator;
It will involve adding new clients and funds to existing ISDA Master Agreements, GMRAs, FX letters and negotiating additional ISDA, GMRAs and FX letters with new counterparties.
There will be considerable interaction with counterparty banks, portfolio managers, as well as the risk and the client services team.
* Liaising with consultants and client's external lawyers
* Managing a portfolio of clients, acting as the main legal contact for their derivatives negotiation and transition
* Ensuring documentation is negotiated in accordance with applicable internal policies
* Updating the business on progress through regular face to face meetings and via a bespoke client management tool
* Notification of agreed terms to Operations and other key stakeholders
* Assisting/Leading on ad hoc projects
* Review/comment on NDAs and other ancillary agreements
* Ensuring documentation standards are high and agreements are updated to comply with industry best practice
* Ensuring documentation retention/filing procedures are robust
* Responding to queries from around the business, including from Operations, Client Directors, and Client Service Associates
What we look for in a Paralegal Document Negotiator;
* A minimum of 2 years' ISDA/GMRA experience
* Experience of acting for an Asset Manager preferred (although sell-side experience also welcomed)
What the Paralegal Document Negotiator will receive;
- Up to £350 per day
- Luxury offices
- 6-month contract
InterQuest Group is acting as an employment agency for this vacancy. InterQuest Group is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of age, disability, gender, religion/belief, race, marriage, civil partnership, pregnancy, maternity, sex or sexual orientation. Please make us aware if you require any reasonable adjustments throughout the recruitment process.