£500 per day | Glasgow | Contract
Posted 12 days ago
DevSecOps Engineer required for a 12-month contract, initially working remotely but possibly moving to Glasgow.
The DevSecOps Engineer will be working on the Scottish Government Core Hosting platform that serves social security benefits for Scottish citizens. Running on AWS.
We require a strong candidate with cloud experience to work as part of their support team to maintain and operate the security and monitoring side.
This includes building and integrating security software to make sure the data and information is secure to a high baseline standard.
This role is for a SecOps engineer to help build out the security scanning and vulnerability management of the cloud platform.
This will be working as a small team of 4 resources focused on SecOps within the wider cloud engineering team. We have a strong client relationship and recently were awarded Management Consulting Association Award
Essential skills and experience
- Experience in DevSecOps with a focus on implementing security scanning tools in a DevOps pipeline.
- Looking for experience in tools such as SonarQube for code validation, OWASP Rules across AWS or NGINX WAFs, Trend Deep Secure, Tenable, BlackDuck, AWS IaM, Guardrails, AWS GuardDuty.
- Experience of automating deployment and usage of static and dynamic security analysis tools.
- Knowledge of secure development practices.
- Knowledge of remediating vulnerabilities in application and infrastructure components.
- Deployment of application and infra components using Terraform, Jenkins and Git.
- SecOps experience is essential.
InterQuest Group is acting as an employment agency for this vacancy. InterQuest Group is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of age, disability, gender, religion/belief, race, marriage, civil partnership, pregnancy, maternity, sex or sexual orientation. Please make us aware if you require any reasonable adjustments throughout the recruitment process.