DevOp's Engineer - REMOTE - Outside IR35 - SC Cleared
£550 per day | Manchester City Centre | Contract
Posted 20 days ago
DevOp's Engineer - REMOTE - SC Cleared or Lapsed NO longer than 12 Months - £550p/d
As a Site Reliability Engineer you will:
* Have and apply broad knowledge of core web technologies.
* Take responsibility for solving complex issues.
* Automate tasks, deployments, and tests by creating infrastructure as code, taking responsibility for the quality of code you produce.
* Implement resilient, highly available systems.
* Share knowledge of tools and techniques with your wider team.
* Act as a digital ambassador, supporting recruitment, identifying good practices to adopt and sharing experiences, eg through blog posts, tech talks at conferences etc.
* Participate in our in-house (2nd line) support, and the out-of-hours support rota - you'll be paid an allowance, and a further hourly payment, for any duties you perform when on call.
* Share knowledge among our teams, ensuring that your team is understood by others and understanding the working of the wider organisation.
* Provide technical leadership within the team, advising and working with Reliability Engineers and product teams to identify the best solutions.
* Are experienced with UNIX-like operating systems and technologies used for web applications, e.g Linux, databases, backups, CDNs
* Are experienced with AWS and the use of orchestration tools such as Terraform, Cloud Foundry, Kubernetes
* Understand software design principles.
* Take a systematic approach to solving problems.
* Use automated testing to validate solutions.
* Understand agile environments and version control.
* Are familiar with web security.
* Understand network protocols, eg HTTPS, TLS etc
* Have familiarity with working practices such as test-driven development, continuous integration and continuous delivery
InterQuest Group is acting as an employment agency for this vacancy. InterQuest Group is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of age, disability, gender, religion/belief, race, marriage, civil partnership, pregnancy, maternity, sex or sexual orientation. Please make us aware if you require any reasonable adjustments throughout the recruitment process.