DevOps Engineer ( Outside IR35 - Remote)
£375 per day | London | Contract
Posted 21 days ago
Our client is a dynamic, pioneering, and inspiring Group and is currently transforming their Enterprise Platform environment. Currently we are urgently looking for a proactive and meticulous DevOps Engineer to join an Enterprise Engineering team. Working closely with Platform experts in Cloud, DevOps and Agile, you will possess contemporary industry knowledge and the skills required to engage, influence and challenge your peers. You will be successful at developing a strong internal network and provide support and work collaboratively with your immediate peer group with domain expertise.
The client is moving towards a distributed and cloud-agnostic delivery platform and building the next iteration of our scheduling software. We seek a Contractor to join our clients engineering team for around 3-6 months, to assist with keeping our server infrastructure running, handle day-to-day operations tasks, and help other departments with 'business as usual' tasks that require Engineering input.
Platform Engineering is helping to build the next generation enabling services that will run the client of the future. It forms part of the wider Application Development & Maintenance function, but has close ties into operational aspects, and is seen as a trusted partner and collaborator by those functions.
* Strong communication skills and an ability to explain complex technical details to
* those in less technical roles
* Experience of working with cloud-based service providers such as Amazon AWS
* Proven working knowledge and experience with the Linux operating system
* Experience building and improving workflows and processes, and monitoring the
* effectiveness of existing processes and tools
* Practical knowledge of web service delivery, as well as the communication protocols
* and paths between browsers and API services
* Experience of scripting languages, database engines and configuration, infrastructure-as-code tools
* Automation experience
* Scripting or Puppet
* Ideally experience with Terraform or Kubernetes or Docker
* Excellent AWS skills - both depth and breadth of services - Certified preferred
* Clear and opinionated understanding of cloud (AWS) best practice
This role is exclusive to InterQuest Group and we are short listing in the next few days - send your CV ASAP to avoid disappointment. This will be a remote role.
InterQuest Group is acting as an employment agency for this vacancy. InterQuest Group is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of age, disability, gender, religion/belief, race, marriage, civil partnership, pregnancy, maternity, sex or sexual orientation. Please make us aware if you require any reasonable adjustments throughout the recruitment process.