£55,000 | London | Permanent
Posted 13 days ago
Devops Engineer - London
£50,000 - £55,000 Base salary + package
We have the perfect opportunity with a rapidly growing business in the city of London. From glass meeting rooms to a pool table and fridges stocked full of snacks and soft drinks to the use of the latest technology and above all... The people are Friendly and some of the best in the IT industry!
Sound good so far?
The client have a Business systems department which is growing outwards and only due to its continued success in the market.
This business systems team is responsible for maintaining the vision, roadmap and development pipeline for key Business Systems and developing these systems, their components and interfaces. We avoid doing the same thing twice, which means we are always working on something different. We strive to solve the smaller problems that make up the bigger problem. We focus on internal business requirements, as well as tailoring solutions to meet the end customer needs of a busy managed service provider.
We are looking for a developer who wants to move into DevOps, or a SysAdmin looking to do more development. The ideal candidate will have a broad knowledge of IT systems, integration strategies and trouble shooting skills. You will be able to hold a data model in their head while colleagues discuss and modify it during a meeting. This role is all about writing code and joining up process and systems, but each day has a different focus and the end of the week probably involves interacting with a new technology. The DevOps Engineer needs to be able to bring their experience to focus on guiding the team towards solutions that scale, and scope that lasts into the next project or use case.
Writing small scripts with serious impact will be a big part of the daily routine as is taking part in design and planning. Pushing work into production. Discovering and researching alternative solutions. Take business requirements and help the team unpack them into the smallest parts. Collaborating daily with the team while delivering solutions autonomously. Give advice. Seek advice. Test the work of colleagues. Support and maintain the work of those who came before.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Work within an Agile environment, developing based on documented requirements and in accordance with acceptance criteria
* Work with Scrum master to self-organise around agreed sprint goals
* Translate user requirements into technical designs and work with the product owner to document appropriate agile stories
* Develop system functionality, applications and integrations with other platforms
* Plan for and execute regular system upgrades
* Design and build with a 'secure by design' mindset
* Carry out all appropriate testing to deliver quality work at all times
* Engagement with stakeholders, internal to the company and external clients and vendors
* Respond to and resolve operational issues & defects
Required skills and capabilities:
* Database administration and query
* Networking and routing
* Web development
* Monitoring application metrics
* Linux administration
Experience of the following would be an advantage:
* ITIL/Service Management or Support/IT Operations understanding would be an asset
* Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills, communicating clearly and concisely
* Positive and proactive approach at every level and under pressure
If you're looking for a fun and cool place to work where you can learn new skills and bounce of some of the best in the industry then apply now!
InterQuest Group is acting as an employment agency for this vacancy. InterQuest Group is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of age, disability, gender, religion/belief, race, marriage, civil partnership, pregnancy, maternity, sex or sexual orientation. Please make us aware if you require any reasonable adjustments throughout the recruitment process.