DevOps Engineer (Contract)
£600 per day | London | Contract
Posted 20 days ago
#DevOps #AWS #SRE #PlatformEngineer
A leading FinTech organisation in the heart of the city is building out their software team, and a contract DevOps engineer is needed for an initial 6 month period to ensure speedy time to production without losing the quality.
You will have ideally worked across multiple industries and bring with you a deep understanding of automation, building CI/CD pipelines, introducing an Agile/DevOps culture and eventually perform a handover to full time staff.
The infrastructure is AWS and so you will need to have worked in IaaS environments.
Technically, you will:
* Be comfortable using Docker, Terraform and container orchestration such as Kubernetes
* Have extensive experience with one of Azure, AWS or GCP; experience in AWS is desirable but not essential.
* Understand 12-factor app principles
* Write clean, well-structured and reusable infrastructure code
* Facilitate and apply DevOps principles for Continuous Delivery
* Have excellent knowledge of JVM build and packaging tools
* Design resilient, scalable and secure services
* Understand best-practice for web services and messaging integration patterns
* Sometimes pair program and be skilled at sharing knowledge
* Have experience supporting live systems
* Have previously worked in an agile, cross-functional team
InterQuest Group is acting as an employment agency for this vacancy. InterQuest Group is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of age, disability, gender, religion/belief, race, marriage, civil partnership, pregnancy, maternity, sex or sexual orientation. Please make us aware if you require any reasonable adjustments throughout the recruitment process.