£50,000 | Bradford | Permanent
Posted 13 days ago
Interquest Group are looking to recruit a DevOps Engineer for our client who is a market-leading healthcare software platform company based in West Yorkshire | Salary circa £45,000 PA.
They are looking for an enthusiastic DevOps Engineer to work with the product team to maintain and build the operational aspects of the digital health delivery system; and, to monitor and administer cloud-based infrastructure, platforms and products.
The key responsibilities activities of the DevOps Engineer role are to:
- Utilize various open source technologies and tools to orchestrate solutions
- Write scripts and automation using appropriate scripting tools.
- Configure and manage data sources like MySQL and MongoDB
- Configure, manage and monitor remote servers in secure hosting site
- Build independent web-based tools, microservices and solutions
- Manage source control including Bitbucket (GIT)
- Build and manage releases across multiple environments and infrastructure.
- Issue Release documentation, and liaise with customer IT services for release coordination
- Support data reporting from the live system
- Release Management
- Operations verification of releases prior to deployment
- Deployment of releases
- Post-deployment monitoring and documentation
- System Monitoring
- Ongoing monitoring of key system metrics and performance
- Suggest and improve system monitoring
- Liaison with Developers
- Close coordination with development team to ensure successful sprint
- Coordination of release note from development
- Customer Facing Team Support
- Support customer facing team to analyse live issues reported by customers
- Support new data feeds for new and expanding customer applications
- Work with hosting partners
- Work with external Service Providers to maintain and improve ongoing operations
Skills and Attributes
- Bachelor's Degree, or above, in Computer Science or equivalent
- 2+ years of experience in managing Linux based infrastructure
- Hands on experience in at least one scripting language
- Experience on databases such as MySQL
- Experience of MongoDB (NoSQL) database implementation.
- Experienced in Agile methodology for software development
- Experience of writing and maintaining technical design documentation.
- Experience of Docker
- Support and maintenance of web server and database.
- Able to provide technical support to service users involving:
telephone / email support, investigate issues, bug reporting, resolving issues.
- Proactive self-starter able to work with minimal supervision and as part of a team
- Familiarity with networking protocols.
- Some awareness of mobile application software development approaches
- Knowledge of Java/JVM based languages
- Familiarity with Business Rules Management System (BRMS) solution (e.g. Drools)
- Ability to work in a managed quality assurance environment, such as medical and safety-critical applications.
If you would like to apply for this role or would like the full job spec, please email me with your right to represent.
InterQuest Group is acting as an employment agency for this vacancy. InterQuest Group is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of age, disability, gender, religion/belief, race, marriage, civil partnership, pregnancy, maternity, sex or sexual orientation. Please make us aware if you require any reasonable adjustments throughout the recruitment process.