Desktop Support Engineer
£38,000 | Holborn | Permanent
Posted 6 days ago
London based (hybrid)
Up to £38,000 per annum plus benefits
Initial 6 months fixed term contract (contract to permanent)
The purpose of the role would be to provide operational and technical support and advice to approximately 150 end users on software or hardware related problems. You will also be responsible for assisting with a number of minor projects.
* Manage the current exchange inboxes. Removing old exchange inboxes from the system and archiving where necessary. In some cases, there might be a requirement to give access to staff to the archived files.
* Resolving calls where possible within the Service Level Agreements (SLA's) and personal level of knowledge and training.
* Generate Statistical reports from the Helpdesk management system relating to service performance against Service Level Agreements (SLA).
* Liaising with third-party solution providers on escalated issues and keeping users informed of progress in its day-to-day business objectives.
* Building and installing PCs and laptops and supporting printers and other peripheral devices.
* Providing meeting room assistance to set up phone conferencing, laptops and projection equipment.
* Keeping the IS Technology Supervisor appraised at all times of any critical issues/user concerns and escalate as appropriate.
* Technically literate
* Microsoft Office365
* Exchange 2010
* Microsoft SQL
* Spiceworks (helpdesk)
* Active Directory
* Remote Desktop
* HP Laptops and Desktops
The opportunity will be for an initial 6 month fixed term contract and after the initial 6 months the position will transfer to a fully permanent position with the client.
For immediate consideration please get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org.
InterQuest Group is acting as an employment agency for this vacancy. InterQuest Group is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of age, disability, gender, religion/belief, race, marriage, civil partnership, pregnancy, maternity, sex or sexual orientation. Please make us aware if you require any reasonable adjustments throughout the recruitment process.