Desktop Security Engineer
£65,000 | United Kingdom | Permanent
IQ Talent Solutions
Posted 26 days ago
PURPOSE OF ROLE :
To help reduce Desktop vulnerabilities highlighted by the Security team. This will involve patching Desktops, packaging and rolling out new versions of software to replace obsolete or older software with vulnerabilities. The candidate must be able to challenge Security where we do not believe the risk is significant and back this up with vendor information.
The more work we can automate the better.
Responsible for Desktop Security, Packaging and Scripting solutions to aid a more secure environment.
Deal with a diverse range of complex issues and tasks. Deliver timely and high quality issue resolution focusing on root cause analysis, problem resolution / prevention and knowledge transfer.
Drive initiatives which will add value and improvement across our platform.
Although this is a highly technical role it is also a business facing role with a strong emphasis on customer service.
ROLE ACCOUNTABILITIES :
* Ensure that agreed service standards are being met and instigate appropriate escalation procedures where they are not.
* Ensure that service failures are actively managed and internal customers are regularly updated via the helpdesk. Ensure that the appropriate corrective actions are taken.
* Regular reviews of current service provision and performance and a pro-active approach to ensuring that the service is regularly updated to meet current business requirements.
* Training colleagues in areas of personal expertise
In depth experience of at least 70% of the following
* Windows 7 / 10, MS Office 2010 / O365
* VMWare View, vSphere
* PowerShell / VB Scripting
* Packaging: MSI / App-V
* Patching: WSUS / Ninite
* Active Directory
* Group Policy
* Support and Maintenance of Windows 10 environment.
* Basic network management
REQUIRED PERSONAL QUALITIES:
* Excellent written and verbal communication.
* Works well under pressure
* Ability to understand highly technical issues and to explain them to a non-technical audience.
* Adapts approach according to the situation and audience.
Improvement and Innovation:
* Constantly looks for ways the processes of the team can be improved.
* Generates new ideas and is ready and able to implement them.
* Acts to provide solutions to potential problems.
* Builds relationships with relevant areas across the whole organisation.
* Promotes the team's identity and generates pride and commitment.
* Builds effective working relationships within and across teams.
* Encourages team spirit in order to help colleagues achieve their objectives.
* Has an excellent attitude and is seen to work with and for the team.
* Responds or acts calmly even under difficult or distressing conditions such as interpersonal conflict or major disruptions to plans.
* Is able to adapt to a changing work environment and remain focussed as tasks, roles and the overall environment alter and grow.
InterQuest Group is acting as an employment agency for this vacancy. InterQuest Group is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of age, disability, gender, religion/belief, race, marriage, civil partnership, pregnancy, maternity, sex or sexual orientation. Please make us aware if you require any reasonable adjustments throughout the recruitment process.