£800 per day | Birmingham | Contract
IQ Talent Solutions
Posted 10 days ago
IQ Talent Solutions are delighted to be working with one of our key asset management clients supporting with the recruitment of Derivatives Lawyer This is a remote role which can be based anywhere in the UK. This is a 10 month contract position paying up to £800 per day.
What is expected of the Derivatives Lawyer?
* Managing trading documentation with a large book of dealer counterparties covering a wide range of client types
* Products covered are primarily OTC derivatives traded under an ISDA Master Agreement, Repo transactions traded under a GMRA, forward bond purchases under an MSFTA, FX-only mandates under an ISDA
* Negotiating and maintaining ISDA/GMRA's and MSFTAs in accordance with applicable internal policies
* Advising on technical queries from colleagues and external clients
* Participating in various business, legal and regulatory implementation initiatives
* Interacting with counterparty banks as well as regular interaction with the onboarding team, fund managers, front office, Risk, Operations, and the Client services team
What we look for in a Derivatives Lawyer?
* Qualified lawyer in England and Wales, or an equivalent jurisdiction
* 7+ years PQE
* Strong technical experience with OTC derivatives and repos is essential, combined with a commercial approach to problem solving
* Experience with such trading documentation for different entity types including pension funds, QIAIFs, UCITS Funds, etc. is preferred, but not essential
* Familiarity with regulations impacting derivatives and repurchase agreements
* Strong experience in top tier private practice preferred, else experience in a major investment manager or sell-side institution
What the Derivatives Lawyer will receive?
* Competitive day rate
* Luxury central London offices (remote working during COVID)
* World class company with an excellent reputation
InterQuest Group is acting as an employment agency for this vacancy. InterQuest Group is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of age, disability, gender, religion/belief, race, marriage, civil partnership, pregnancy, maternity, sex or sexual orientation. Please make us aware if you require any reasonable adjustments throughout the recruitment process.