Datacentre Operations Analyst
£28,000 | Woking | Permanent
Posted 12 days ago
DATACENTRE OPERATIONS ANALYST:
A top UK IT managed services provider are looking for a Datacentre Operations Analyst to join their team. This person will aid the deployment, operation and management of a customer in its centres. This role primarily includes the managing of whitespace, colocation and managed customer racks, data cabling, power mangement, hardware installation, circuit installations, media handling and fulfilling tasks for their customers on the data centre floor as and when required.
* Provide operational support to the required level for all customers based onsite. This may include verbal and written communication as well as face to face interaction with various levels of customer employees
* Manage maintenance and progression of records for all work and status updates by making use of the prescribed system to do so, i.e. the Ticketing System, Capacity and Tracking Systems, Online Tools and Databases etc.
* Conduct work either for or at the direction of the company for itself or on behalf of its customers, i.e. audits (site and rack), cabling, cross connects, decommissioning, tape rotation, etc.
* Implement and undertake the maintaining of the physical hosting infrastructure (racks, patch frames/panels, data and power tray work, data cabling and cross connects, Telco Carrier space).
* Assist the Site Manager in the maintenance of the look and feel of the site in cooperation with the Product and Support Groups (floor walks to ensure cleanliness, removal of rubbish, process deliveries and collections, monitor and support mechanical and electrical function).
* Communicate with the customer in order to manage the work for the support and setup of client and customer-specific requirements and when needed provide assistance to the relevant internal teams.
* Work supportively with colleagues, operating in a collegiate manner at all times and in line with the Company's values.
Compliance to security policies and other company related policies and procedures are an integral part of employment with customer services. Therefore, all staff are expected to:
* Ensure you are aware of and abide by all relevant Company regulations and policies relevant to the role.
Follow Company / departmental policies and working practices, ensuring that no breaches of information security result from any actions.
* Ensure data protection is maintained and information is made available on a need to know basis.
Play an active role in the prevention of unauthorised access and damage to information.
* Report security weaknesses and incidents appropriately to relevant personnel, including the Security function in a timely manner.
Qualifications and Professional Membership:
* Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA) or Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE) credential(s)
* Cisco Certified Entry Networking Technician (CCENT) or applicable Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) credential(s)
* ITIL V3
Technical Competencies (Experience and Knowledge):
* Minimum one (1) year experience in a similar role such as experience gained in a Business Continuity or a Managed Services environment
* Experience handling and storing customer data
* Firm understanding of data cabling installation, management and patching
* Experience in using a ticketing system
* Understanding IT systems
* Rack Installation
* SQL database scripting
* Customer Service experience
* Advanced Application Use (Excel, SharePoint, Google docs, Office 365 etc)
* Computer hardware maintenance experience (troubleshooting,diagnostics, repair, replacement )
Skills and Behavioural Competencies:
* Excellent communication skills, written and verbal, for customer interaction
* Excellent organizational and time management skills
Job does involves 24/7 shift work.
InterQuest Group is acting as an employment agency for this vacancy. InterQuest Group is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of age, disability, gender, religion/belief, race, marriage, civil partnership, pregnancy, maternity, sex or sexual orientation. Please make us aware if you require any reasonable adjustments throughout the recruitment process.