Data Solution Architect
£675 per day | London | Contract
IQ Talent Solutions
Posted 21 days ago
Data Solution Architect
The primary purpose of the data architect role is to determine and communicate the logical design characteristics and information management strategies necessary to store, move and manage data toward a preferred target state.
The Data Architect will need to help provide insight by defining data structures that support timely, accessible information in context. The key enabler is having the right architecture to achieve the necessary flexibility and agility whilst maintaining rigorous governance of the information. It's also about efficiency, TTM and control of overheads whilst maintaining a true understanding of the driving business strategy, the demands, constraints and timelines.
Specific to this role, the Data Architect will work within the Supply Chain and Services Operations part of our business, and specifically within the Warehouse Management System ('WMS') Programme. This programme has already installed Catalyst (our WMS vendor software) into our three External Regional Distribution Centres which we recently opened, and is now upgrading WMSs across our various operations in Newark (our central Supply Chain site). The upgrade process involves data changes through our integration layer ('NGS') and how the WMS at each site interact with a number of other enterprise systems e.g. Forecasting & Replenishment, Mainframe and our customer Order Management Systems.
* Act as a subject matter expert to determine overall modelling standards, guidelines, best practices and approved modelling techniques and approaches
* Supervise the creation of all physical and logical data models in the organization to ensure accountability of relevant architectures, strategies, policies, standards and practices. This will involve providing targeted thought leadership and guidance on data architecture. Defining and communicating the data architecture and evolution path.
* Participate in due diligence of new software purchases by reviewing all proposed data models contained in packaged or commercially available applications. Lead the data design process as part of the architecture team for large projects and programmes.
* Serve on the Information Governance Forum and the Architecture Review Board when required.
* Stay close to the BI delivery team, but working with the Solution Architects to crystallise and instantiate the data models, data flows and supporting data structures.
* Willingness to learn and show a desire and ability to learn on the job.
* Proven experience of analytical thinking by breaking down a problem or situation into its component parts and identifying the relationships between these parts.
* Ability to clearly articulate and portray the solution via presentations, workshops and solution architecture documents
* Hands on experience with schema design and definition in a database environment
* Proficiency in Database SQL query development and data analysis
Understanding of Data Warehouse concepts (Kimball methodology for developing dimensional data models)
Please get in touch for a full detailed job spec.
InterQuest Group is acting as an employment agency for this vacancy. InterQuest Group is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of age, disability, gender, religion/belief, race, marriage, civil partnership, pregnancy, maternity, sex or sexual orientation. Please make us aware if you require any reasonable adjustments throughout the recruitment process.