£50,000 | Manchester | Permanent
Posted 12 days ago
Exciting New Data Engineer Opportunity not to be missed!
Manchester - Hybrid - £40-£50k (DOE) + competitive benefits package
* 2 days a week in office
* Working for a reputable company with 5-star Glassdoor review ratings and a track record of commercial success and annual revenues in excess of £480 million
* Competitive benefits package inc. annual Christmas bonuses, employee profit share scheme, private healthcare, competitive holiday entitlement, your birthday off, company pension, big savings on dining out, holidays and much more!
* Opportunity to gain hands on Azure cloud experience
This is a key role for our client who are looking for an enthusiastic Data Engineer who embraces challenge, to acquire, manipulate, transport and present data to business end users.
* 3+ years' experience in a hands-on Data Engineer role
* Strong commercial experience of SQL including Microsoft SQL Server, SQL Reporting Services and SSIS package integrations, with a good understanding of data design
* Acquisition of data from external systems
* Experience working with both highly curated and uncontrolled data types
* Ability to establish and understand relationships between disparate data sources
* Able to build data pipelines that deliver a reliable robust and maintainable outcome
* Data modelling techniques and disciple in order to assure that the resultant shape of the data is appropriate and flexible
* Experience maintaining existing ETL and understanding how to migrate to cloud technologies
* Awareness of how decisions in data engineering may impact data visualisation (currently in PowerBI and SQL Reporting Services)
* Experience in presenting data and creating representations of data in various dimensions
* Great communication and negotiation skills
If you have the above skills and experience and want to work for a company who values you and rewards you with fantastic benefits throughout your career, then click to apply today!
InterQuest Group is acting as an employment agency for this vacancy. InterQuest Group is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of age, disability, gender, religion/belief, race, marriage, civil partnership, pregnancy, maternity, sex or sexual orientation. Please make us aware if you require any reasonable adjustments throughout the recruitment process.