£65,000 | London | Permanent
IQ Talent Solutions
Posted 23 days ago
Keywords: data, etl, engineer, finance, operations, credit, risk, landscape, architecture, modelling, pipelines, python, programming, development, sql, cloud, azure, aws, azure, orchestration, airflow, dagster, prefect, containerisation, docker, Kubernetes, cicd, continuous, integration, deployment, devops, framework, soda, deequ,governance, api, flask, api, github
My client is an established start-up fintech organisation looking to hire a highly analytical Data Engineer, who can help the business understand their data better, contributing to building robust data pipelines and help model their data so that stakeholders can extract better insights. The incumbent would be working across multiple teams, assisting Finance, Operations, Credit Risk, Product and Management.
The Data Engineer will be expected to:
* Understand the data landscape and architecture.
* Work with the team to engineer tools based on data requirements, manage development from prototyping to productionising.
* Build and maintain data pipelines and modelling.
* Develop and maintain data and coding standards, produce well-documented codes with robust testing and aligned with data governance.
* Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, improve existing tools for greater scalability, etc.
The successful Data Engineer will possess:
* Strong Python programming skills (built production-grade tools, have a test-driven approach, consistent and well documented code).
* Previous experience working as a data engineer in a start-up or fast-paced organisation.
* STEM background or similar.
* Experience with container technology (Docker, Kubernetes).
* Advanced SQL skills.
* Experience with CI/CD pipelines (preferably Azure DevOps)
The successful Data Engineer might possess:
* Experience in using orchestration tools (Airflow, Dagster or Prefect).
* Deployed applications on cloud services.
* Experience with application deployment to Cloud services (GCP, AWS, Azure preferred).
* Experience with using data testing tools (Great Expectations, Soda, deequ).
* Experience with aspects of Data Governance.
The role will be a full remote, with the offices located in Central London.
Please get in touch for more details.
InterQuest Group is acting as an employment agency for this vacancy. InterQuest Group is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of age, disability, gender, religion/belief, race, marriage, civil partnership, pregnancy, maternity, sex or sexual orientation. Please make us aware if you require any reasonable adjustments throughout the recruitment process.