Data Centre Technician - West London
£33,000 | Middlesex | Permanent
Posted 26 days ago
THE ROLE OF A DATA CENTRE TECHNICIAN:
The successful Data Centre Technician will work in a well-organized and highly technical environment. To provide 7/24/365 support to a West London. This will include being responsible for providing technical assistance and overall support to their customers, including the installation of racks housing Telco and computer equipment. Also responsible for the ongoing process of monitoring, ensuring the successful operation of the installed customer equipment and networks. Working all Smart Hands through to completion with timely response and closure of all calls within the Trouble Ticketing system.
* Monitoring and troubleshooting. Responsible for maintaining and reacting to established monitoring and alarming systems. Escalating calls in a timely and orderly manner
* Support to company Operations. Responsible for managing and implementing all installations as required by company Operations. Terminations, testing and labeling of all cross connects in the datacentre (COAX, Cat5, Cat6 and Fibre). Exhibit quality workmanship on all work and maintain collocation space cleanliness. Hardware installation including shelves, power strips, rails, cable management and customer equipment. Perform remote hand services for customers.
* Knowledge and use of the Trouble Ticketing System. As an integral part of the company operation, the system will be fully utilized to its capabilities ensuring accuracy and timely update of data at all times.
* Customer Communication. Pro-active communication with all customers with the ability to work effectively and resolve potentially volatile issues in a calm and controlled manner
* Reporting on current status via the ticketing system, preparation of a daily reports and email & telephone communication
* Implementation of system security/practices including password management, data security and discrete working practices where there is access to confidential information
ESSENTIAL SKILLS OF THE DATA CENTRE TECHNICIAN:
* Strong communication skills (English) written and spoken
* Knowledge of Datacentre environments
* Experience in Customer Service, Operation Centres or Datacentres
* Experience of Cat5e / Cat6a / Fibre Cabling techniques (Installation, Termination & Testing)
All technicians must have had experience of installing, testing and terminating fibre and copper cables (Cat5e and Cat6a). They must also be able to fuse and splice. They must be able to use Fluke Testers.
For more information on this opportunity please call 01442285020 or firstname.lastname@example.org
InterQuest Group is acting as an employment agency for this vacancy. InterQuest Group is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of age, disability, gender, religion/belief, race, marriage, civil partnership, pregnancy, maternity, sex or sexual orientation. Please make us aware if you require any reasonable adjustments throughout the recruitment process.