Data Centre Architect
£600 per day | City of London | Contract
Posted 26 days ago
Data Centre Architec wanted for an intiall 6 month contract focusing on Migration and Colocation.
The Data Centre Architect will focus will be on Data Center Optimization (DCO) migrations of Dedicated Customer devices at assigned locations.
Following existing documented DCO processes and using existing design templates. Provide recommendations to improve same.
Working with the assigned DCO Engagement Manager, the account team, and the specific customer to develop a migration strategy and detailed migration plan. For each migration, this lead role will:
- Validate in scope devices to be migrated
- Understand the total customer environment at the data centre
- Understand the usage, configuration, and interdependencies of the environment
- Understand customer constraints
- Develop migration strategy in consultation with the appropriate technical teams, account team, and customer
- Based on the above, create the Detailed Migration Plan (DMP) in consultation with the appropriate technical teams
- Act as the lead during the actual migration
In parallel, for the devices to be moved, working with the assigned resources, plan each physical migration:
- Validate and document the current physical environment for the devices to be migrated
- Document the target physical environment for the devices to be migrated - COLO Architect
- Validate physical capacity at target, reserve capacity for planned migrations - COLO Architect
- Act as on-site lead for physical migrations - Migration Architect
This role is often required to work evenings and weekends to support actual migrations.
- Experience with data centre infrastructure, compute, storage, virtualization, databases, and networking.
- Experience with planning, designing, and executing physical data centre migrations.
- Experience with application hosting design
- Experience supporting projects with multiple project teams
- Ability to identify and resolve problems and conflicts
- Demonstrated understanding of customer business needs in support of data centre program objectives
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative, prioritize work, manage time and respond effectively to a rapidly changing environment
- Demonstrated knowledge and skills in assessing and mitigating risks
- Experience documenting data centre changes including project plans, architectural plans, CMDB usage and various enterprise class project tracking and reporting tools
- Experience with data floor space, power, cooling, and air flow planning
- Perform physical audits as required
- Suggest opportunities to improve data-centre migration processes and increase program efficiency by identifying and executing data-centre migration optimization opportunities
- Experience with Lumen core systems: OpenDCIM, Netquery, Remedy, Vantive, NEST,
- Effective communications skills, ability to interact with customers and extended support teams
- Ability to explain complex technical matters to non-technical stakeholders
- Proficient with Excel, Word, Visio, Outlook
InterQuest Group is acting as an employment agency for this vacancy. InterQuest Group is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of age, disability, gender, religion/belief, race, marriage, civil partnership, pregnancy, maternity, sex or sexual orientation. Please make us aware if you require any reasonable adjustments throughout the recruitment process.