£405 per day | London | Contract
Posted 8 days ago
Data Analyst x2
Data Analyst needed to support the development, delivery and management of common, consistent, and high-quality data and information services, establishing data and system requirements, embedding new tools and approaches to information analysis, and ensuring data quality. The individual will also support the maintenance of legacy data systems.
The individual will be required to work regularly and closely with all teams across the agency to understand and interpret their needs, as well as the rest of the Digital Team in order to turn these requirements into practical solutions for improving and managing data.
- Flexible working with remote roles.
- £400 per day (inside IR35).
Experience of working within Central Government is essential.
Key skills and knowledge
* Experience of data modelling and visualisation tools - Power BI expertise a must.
* Proven working experience working with SQL and relational data systems
* Proven experience working with large and complex data environments
* Evidence of adaptability; able to learn new technologies and methodologies quickly.
* Demonstrable experience in a role that includes problem solving, analytical and logical skills.
* Experience of working in an Agile environment
* Able to translate business need into technical solutions
* Demonstrated ability to develop robust enterprise solutions within timelines.
* Degree level qualification and/or appropriate professional qualifications/membership or equivalent experience (5+ years of delivering in an enterprise environment)
* Experience working with cloud technologies, in particular Microsoft Azure
* Experience working with unstructured or semi-structured data sources
* Experience in advanced business or customer analytics using Python or R
* Solid understanding of software design principles and agile best practices.
* Familiar with Enterprise Metadata Management and industry standards, and creating and deploying best practices and methodologies
* Experience creating and automating data pipelines and building data validation processes
The post holder is expected to develop and maintain good working relationships with:
* Wider Digital and Transformation teams, supporting the delivery of new technical services and platforms, maintaining existing data connections within applications, ensuring that appropriate data standards are met.
* Business teams and data practitioners, identifying data services, intelligence and tools which would improve their activities, and supporting them to make the best use of data.
* System owners across the business, such as Legal and Finance, ensuring data connects with other data services within the agency.
* Analytical teams including: Research and Analysis, Economics, Single Pipeline managers and Strategic Information Managers ensuring the provision of data, intelligence and capabilities to support their activities.
Key accountabilities and responsibilities
* Collect, manage, clean, organise and aggregate data to provide insights and intelligence to support decision making across the agency.
* Work with Data and Digital colleagues to ensure that data models and structures used in internal and external applications and services are fit for purpose and follow agreed data standards.
* Maintain, expand and continually review the core data assets and environment, manage new and existing data updates, and publish intelligence to make it accessible while continuing to improve data workflows, automation and cross-system connectivity.
* Implement agreed standards (e.g. information security, data quality) to ensure developed intelligence and data can be easily interpreted by others and adopt appropriate change management processes for data and systems changes and manage associated risk.
* Support the maintenance and development of a range of core services, automating data pipelines and supplying information to support the agency through its core activities, performance monitoring and opportunity evaluation.
* Become a technical point of contact for specific data categories and intelligence services (e.g. location, partner, financial), having a full understanding of the data we hold, limitations and use across the agency.
* Work closely with stakeholders to define data requirements, design and create prototypes.
InterQuest Group is acting as an employment agency for this vacancy. InterQuest Group is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of age, disability, gender, religion/belief, race, marriage, civil partnership, pregnancy, maternity, sex or sexual orientation. Please make us aware if you require any reasonable adjustments throughout the recruitment process.